Chapter 3: A nap in the tree

Abigail was sleeping peacefully in the large English oak. But she was still well aware of her surroundings. She heard a couple making out at one point. It was soon loud from moaning. It made her grimace at the young couple below her. Thankfully, they left after she made enough acorns fall on them. (By kicking the tree enough times.) After ten minutes had passed since the couple left, she began to drift back to her sweet slumber. But that, too, was interrupted by shouting below.

"I TOLD YOU, WE DON'T NEED HELP!" a deep feminine voice cried out. "Camellia, listen. Please, I've been hearing you out. Won't you give me that chance as well?" A voice replied, trying to soothe the other voice.

Abigail perked up at the second voice. The second voice reminded her of Sophia's. Abigail sat up a little and soon saw it was Sophia and the silver-haired girl.

"She knows the secret; she could join us, and then we could finally get some decent sleep. And she doesn't seem harmful. I think Abigail is a nice gal." Sophia Said softly. The other girl sighed.

"I'll... I'll think about it. But I still don't like her." She muttered before walking off.

Sophia sighed. She sat down on the ground under the English oak. Abigail felt a little sad seeing her down there. "Why did you guys fight?" Abigail asked. She made her voice deeper so Sophia wouldn't recognize her voice. Sophia stood up, startled. "Abigail?!" Sophia shouted, looking around.

"Yeah, it's me." Abigail mumbled. She was annoyed that her idea didn't work. Abigail jumped out of the tree and landed softly behind Sophia.

Sophia turned around quickly. She looked angry.

"How much of it did you hear?" Sophia snapped.

"I wouldn't be asking that if I had heard. It just looked like you guys didn't end on a happy note." Abigail told her gently. Sophia looked down a little guilty.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want anyone to hear what we talked about." Sophia said softly.

Abigail smiled but felt a little guilty that she did hear the end of it.

"Hey, and that's completely fine. Don't beat yourself up about it. Plus I didn't hear anything, I was listening to music." Abigail told her with an encouraging smile. Sophia smiled back a little. "Thanks."

"No problem." Abigail replied. "Umm, Abigail... I- well, I just wanted to ask...I'm sorry, forget that I said anything." Sophia stuttered. Abigail gave her a soft smile.

"No worries, ask me when you're ready." Abigail replied warmly. Sophia nodded and said thanks. She left Abigail there alone.

Abigail didn't know how she should react. Sophia seemed like a confident girl. She and her friend must've had a nasty fight. Abigail stood there for a couple more minutes before heading off to her next class. Abigail, whenever she saw Sophia for the rest of the day, would wave but give Sophia space.

After Abigail's last class, she headed off to the large English oak. She could hardly remember what Sophia and the girl named Camellia were talking about. When she arrived, she saw the headmaster, Roble. She didn't want to approach, but an old sadness clouded his gentle face.

She walked up, doing her best to seem as if she hadn't noticed him when she started to walk past him when he spoke to her. " Abigail, Tell me where or how you got your weapon?" Roble questioned.
"Did they belong to an old friend or lover?" Abigail responded, a bit harsher than she needed to.

"No, but they aren't standard issue guns for hunters. These guns and bullets were created to hurt both humans and vampires." He said in a severe tone.

"Well, when I remember, I'll tell you the who and how." Abigail replied, she grimaced slightly, knowing she was taking and handle this the wrong way.

"No need to get offensive. Carrying such a gun could get the vampire council to order your death." Roble warned.
"That's.... I understand." Abigail mumbled, she decided it would be best to keep her original reply to herself.

"At least you know how to hold your tongue." Roble said, annoyed.
"And I have a favor to ask of you. And if you do this, the type of gun you use shall remain a secret." Roble looked at her, staring knowing she would comply. "Very well. You have a deal." Abigail sighed.
Roble grinned, and Abigail frowned. Their deal would lead to a great new friendship... but not between them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roman sighed as he headed back to his office. Abigail seemed easy to read and use, and he slowly worried about how she could be a weak link to the school. He still didn't hear why those vampires were chasing her, which was very puzzling. Why have four vampires after one human? Especially one that seemed weak, he sighed one more time and wrote a letter to the Hunter Association. He needed to check whether Abigail was a hunter or a student who failed her teacher.

But her gun, it unlocked many memories, especially of the pureblood rebel leader know as 'Bloody Rose Wrynn.'
He could've destroyed both sides, leaving no room for peace between the two races.
Bloody Rose Wrynn had a lot of potential, he could've brought the great Foxtribes in the mix between peace of the humans and vampires

'What a pity miss Foxwood, you could've just stay wherever you came from... but you came here, and now you shall become my greatest regret or help us on our way to peace.