Chapter 1: The Man Who Was Selfish Enough To Do Great Things

I sighed as I walked around Tokyo, Japan with my clear umbrella employed against the onslaught of rain.

Another joined my own beside me and I smirked at the man who simply glared at me. This was one of my best friends and was a junior of mine working for my company.

He was a middle-aged Japanese man in his early forties with short black hair, dark brown eyes, and wore a traditional black suit with a regular black tie and black shoes.

Unlike most Japanese men, he wasn't being pushed to his breaking point every day. He was one of many animators working under one of three branches of companies that I owned and created, Yggdrasil Studios. This company focused not only on adapting Japanese works to animation, but other countries in Eastern Asia like China, South Korea, Taiwan, and many others.

Higher quality animation meant better treatment and higher pay for all who worked for me, that much I made sure to stay in place no matter what. It was my studio that reanimated the Naruto anime, animated God of Highschool, Tower of God, Solo Leveling, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Jujutsu Kaisen, Boruto, Black Clover, Hell's Paradise, Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint, Player Who Returned 10,000 Years Later, etc.

The Japanese salaryman and my employee was named Suzuki Matoi, and was one of the managers within Yggdrasil Studios, as well as a long time friend of mine that I had met during my time in the U.S. military when I was stationed out here in Japan when I was 19 at the time.

He was only 14 at the time, but I had helped save his sister from a group of men trying to do some rather unsavory things to her and brought her home safely, even though my Japanese back then was rubbish and I could only really speak in basic sentences.

Even then, her and her whole family, especially her brother, were grateful to me for returning her home. Afterwards, they invited me over from time to time and treated me like family, with me growing a close bond with the father and brother very quickly. Eventually, a few months later, and the sister had actually asked me out with the full support of her family.

I had refused at the time, as I was mainly focused on myself and had a lot on my plate at the time and didn't want to burden them even more than I already had. Another reason, and probably the main one, was that she had just turned 17 at the time. While the most common age limit globally was 16, I still didn't feel comfortable about it.

A few years later, when I was close to turning 22, I had found myself in South Korea and ended up doing something similar over there as well. I had saved a few women and a young boy from getting killed by three North Korean spies who were trying to silence them. It became a huge international problem as multiple things had surfaced. For one, the people I had saved had an exchange student from Russia and another from France and a Korean college student who was the daughter of the President of the Republic of South Korea. The young boy had also turned out to be quite important as he was the grandson of one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the world, the Rothschild. And the fact that myself, a special operative from the U.S. government had stepped in also added fuel to the already massive flames. There were many others that I had also unintentionally saved that were also part of other governments being targeted by North Korea.

Eventually, things got pretty heated as practically every country began breathing down North Korea's breath and eventually it culminated into an agreement by practically every nation in the world to conquer North Korea as they had "stepped too far". As one might've expected, North Korea was defeated before being fused with South Korea and forming the aptly named 'Korea'.

Due to my actions in both Japan and Korea, the two countries grew significantly closer than ever before and I was rewarded for my efforts(?) and went from an E-5 all the way up to an E-7.