Chapter 10: Taking Care of Business

I sighed when I opened my eyes within the coffin I was in. I figured as much. That servant of his took advantage of this the last time as well. Let's see where they put me, first. I thought as I easily ripped off the bondages binding me with brute strength before carefully opening up the wooden casket. I peeked outside of it, scanning my surroundings.

There's two other caskets like mine, likely Rudy's and Eris's. I'm glad I told Alpha ahead of time about this, otherwise we never would've gotten anywhere near as far as wherever they took us. I thought as I carefully lifted the top off of me and crawled out, scanning my surroundings while crouched down as I quietly placed the lid back on top.

...

I sat on my bed within the massive room that I was given all for myself. I sighed as I looked over my shoulder, "Hello... Alfana. Long time no see." I greeted with a small smile as I greeted the girl who had taken up Aurora's spot since she took the crown.

She smiled brightly at her leader, "Hello, Adam. It really has been a long time, hasn't it?"

She moved over to me with a small blush as she began taking off my shoes. "You know I can do that myself, right?" I said with a small chuckle.

She shook her head, "I'm here, so I'll do it. Although..." She rose once she got my boots off, wiped her hands off, and grabbed my face, "I'm pleasantly surprised to see my dear leader smiling for once. I'm glad you've begun opening up." She said, sounding genuinely happy about my development.

I shrugged, "People change over time, no matter how much someone might wish otherwise. It's... nice. Having people that care about my well being." I stated.

Alfana straddled my waist as she looked into my eyes lovingly, rubbing her thumbs on cheeks. "We'll always be here for you, Adam." Alfana said gently.

I smiled at her and she sighed into my chest, "I've missed you, Adam..."

I rubbed her head gently as I smirked, "I'm glad you came so quickly when I summoned you." I said before she leaned back and looked into my eyes, "Don't interfere with my next plan, Alpha." I stated.

She sat up straighter and nodded. She understood how things were. If I talked to her with her codename, then business was being handled and would require her to treat it as such. If I was talking to her casually or in public, I would talk to her with her name and she would in turn.

"My lord...?"

I sighed, "I'm going to be kidnapped, along with my younger brother and who I'm supposed to be training as their tutor, Eris Greyrat." I stated with finality.

Alpha bit her lip and sighed, "Is there a reason as to why you wouldn't want the Order to move on this?"

I nodded, "There is, but that's a bit of a secret right now. Besides, you know me. I don't make plans like this without a reason. Still... in case anything does happen, I want you to have Yukime and Delta on standby. There likely won't be anything I can't handle here but... you never know. They could still catch me off guard as well or put me in a bad position by using my brother or Eris as shields. Regardless, have them surveil us, but nothing more. I'll give them a signal to step in when needed." I ordered.

Alpha nodded rigidly. "Is there anything else you would require of me, my lord?"

I shook my head, "No. For now, simply carry out the mission. I'll speak with you more tomorrow."

Alpha nodded as her slime bodysuit appeared around her body and she took off in a blur of speed.

...