CH 1 - The day after the Royal Ball

(this is my first book, so sorry if it sucks)

It's the second day of January, the next day after the grand ball hosted by the Kingdom of Great Britain. The ball is a major annual event to the kingdom, because the kings and queens and heirs of almost every kingdom participate. Britain sees this as an opportunity to improve or make new relations with other kingdoms. As the lavish ball did involve a lot of dancing and drinking, the exhausted young prince was lying on his bed in his spacious room while staring at the ceiling.

He really enjoyed himself last night, resulting in the exhaustion. He was a bit surprised when he heard a knock on the door. The prince slowly sat up, stretched his arms and walked towards the door. He reached for the golden door handle and took a few seconds to looks at his reflection on the surface. He finally opened the door to see Washington DC standing there with little to no tiredness showing on his face. To be fair, how can one be tired when didn't dance or drink at a party?

"Greetings Your Highness. your father, His Highness Great Britain has asked me to inform you that you will have your lessons today, like usual and that you must attend them at any cost."

America couldn't believe that he still had to attend his classes. He stood there glaring into DC's for a few seconds before opening his mouth to utter his response.

"Are you sure he said that? Why do I even bother to ask, it is my father we are talking about, right? Also, I have told you several other times to call me America. Prince America if you must."

"Apologies, Prince America. I will make sure to call you that from now onwards. Now may I excuse myself?"

America, who realised that he was glaring at Washington this whole time when he was literally just doing his job, quickly changed his expression into a more pleasant, welcoming one.

"Ah, sorry about the glaring DC...You may leave now."

DC did a bow before walking steadily towards the library. He will probably just stay there for half a day before he gets assigned another duty.

As for America, he took a bathe and put on his regular clothes which he usually wore around the palace. It was white, but a slightly dull as America didn't like to wear clothes that matched his skin colour. He had smooth, pure milky white skin which was decorated with red stripes and stars here and there. He looked at himself in the mirror to see his breath-takingly beautiful face with two pitch black eyes that reminded the ones that looked into it of death. He had heterochromic eyes, ocean blue eyes in right and Ruby Red in left. He combed his hair into his regular hairstyle, which he thought made his face look the best. His crimson red hair had artistic streaks of white and there was a group of blue hair on the front with shimmering stars on it.He made sure everything looked fine and then slowly exited his bedroom.

He then strolled down the long hallway towards the dining room and could already smell the of-so sweet aroma of royal cuisine fill the air. He entered the dining hall and saw his parents and brother Canada already seated. He pulled his chair back and seated himself opposite Canada.

"Aussie and Zea haven't woken up yet I imagine?" He asked before taking a bite of the delicious food.

"They had breakfast early today before they left the palace for their royal training." answered Britain.

"I thought they would get their training later. I always thought they are too young."

" You and Canada also had special training and classes when you were their age. You both did fine, so it's alright."

"Mm, That's fair. So, by the way I was wondering if I could skip my lessons for today?"
"Oh, and why is that?"

"I am really tired from last night, are you not yourself?"

"If you really want to skip classes, you will have to do one thing that I shall tell you later."-saying this, Britain looked at France and gave a small smirk that clearly tells that he has a hidden motive behind this. America notices this but couldn't think any better since he was really tired. The only thing he could think was that having no classes for a day is better than anything.

"Hmm, fine. What do you want me to do?"

"I shall tell you later. And Canada, since your brother have no lessons today, you shall have no lessons today either."

"Thank you, father.Now please excuse me."saying this Canada stood up, did a small bow and left the table with a smile. Seems like he expected this and already has plans for the day.

"I will be leaving as well."America also rose from his seat after finishing his food and made slow steps towards his room. He has a whole day ahead of him and he doesn't know what to do with it.

Ame POV:
Ah , finally. I can finally get a full day rest. But I don't think that I should just sit here doing nothing. That's definitely not fit for the heir of Britain . Hmm, I wonder what Canada is up to... ah, why should I even care?

I wonder what my father is going to ask me to do?

Whatever it may be, it can't be that bad, right? As long as it's not something about marriage, then it's all good. Dad also seems to know about this... I bet that old man planned this all out the day before. He definitely knew that I will ask to skip lessons after such a grand party.

Ugh, whatever. I'll just do what he asks me to. By his looks, maybe it's not something that I am very fond of.

Ah, I will just worry about it later. Now I will have to find something to do that will entertain me for the day.

End of chapter

Sorry that it is short. I don't really have much free time. I am currently working on the cover for the book. Also, can you guys guess what Britain is going to ask america to do? Also the one America refer to as dad is France.
Good night!

Edit:I deleted a few parts,added new parts and edited some words lol
Dunno why