An unexpected encounter ~ Part I

**this chapter will be in the protagonist's pov (Kasai Makoto)**

"As they say, a new year, a new suffering... but in the eyes of a human 'suffering' could even be a god's greatest desire."

i woke up to the alarm on my phone, it was the first day of school or junior high-school to be precise.

It was quite early, at around 6:00 am. My parents were still asleep and school starts at 8:00.

i thought to myself "two hours.. should be enough, right? right."

I washed my face, took a shower and got ready. I adjusted my uniform and made myself some tea. I felt refreshed and not so nervous as per last year. I just hoped that my best-friend Aeri would still be in one of my classes. i switched my phone on and started doing my hair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*NOTIFICATION*

*a message from yuki~ 🥰*

Yuki~🥰

"*AAAAAA I'M SO EXCITED FOR SCHOOL TODAYY!! it's a rare sight to see but ykyk*"

Makoto~

"*oh please trust me, i doubt i'll see you this excited for school again.*"

**yuki~ 🥰 is typing**

"I mean it hasn't been interesting since Mrs. Qiu left the school.. anywayss wanna walk to school together?*"

**Makoto~ is typing**

"*suree, i'd love to! meet me at the café, 1 mile from our school.*"

**yuki~🥰 is typing**

"*oh I'm already there! I'm getting a coffee, want anything?*"

**Makoto~ is typing**

"Ah, no need! I already had tea. I'll meet you theree!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I switched off my phone, and removed the hair curlers in my hair

"Maybe it won't be so bad this year"

*15 minutes later*

"i wonder if i should get something to eat" i whispered to myself, and then i heard someone scream my name..

"MAKOTOOO!!" yuki yelled

"yukiii!! It's been so long!" i said

"suree, if you think a week is long!" yuki said "shall we go to school?" she reached out her hand for mine

"alrightyy" i said, taking her hand in mine

she asked me "Also, have you seen Aeri anywhere?? I haven't seen her for a while! I'm hoping she's here todayy"

i answered "ehh? that girl is probably sleeping at home! oh dear... she keeps staying awake till 1 in the morning watching her shows and boy groups she seems like she worships.. but i wouldn't blame her, her type fits those standards perfectly."

she exclaimed "OH! i should probably join her! Ah by the way, did she tell you what groups she likes?"

i sighed "Yeah.. uh she said 'Enhypen' and she likes a member called Sunghoon, I believe.."

We'd reached school by the time so we went to get our class schedules near the front office

"What classes do you have, Yuki?"

"Uhh, I got pretty unlucky this time..." she sighed

"C'mon tell me!" i asked

"I got.. English, History, Chemistry, Geography, Biology, Photography, Art and Physics"

"ehh.. its not that bad..!" i said

"Well! What'd you get then?"

"I got.. Music, History, Geography, Korean, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Gym."

she exclaimed "Wahh! Not too bad, and we have the same History and Bio class! Okayy, my schedule isn't so bad now."

Then we heard someone scream

"Yuki!! Makoto!!"

Yuki screamed "Aerii!!! Where have you been?? Go get your schedule!"

Aeri said "I slept late last night.. anyways let me get my schedule!"

she grabbed her schedule and said "Mine's pretty good this year! I got Music, History, Photography, Korean, Geography, Music, Chemistry and Gym! What about you all?"

we both said "Ah both of us have similar classes! That's great!"

Aeri added "Ah also.. have you heard about the student who's in the same Chem class as us, Makoto?"

I said "Ryu In Ho? Yeah, I heard he failed Chem last year although.."

Aeri said "He's somehow still promoted.. Probably his dad's money."

I said "Well, he probably recovered the grades in time or something.."

Aeri said "Well, could be.. But how the fuck do you recover 65% of your grade in a week??"

I replied "Yeah, it's probably his dad's money.."

Aeri said "Anyways, i'll see you all in history and chem! Also, Makoto.. Watch out for Ryu In Ho, he wouldn't be good around you."

And like that she faded from my sight

I sighed "Yuki, isn't she a bit weird?"

Yuki replied "She's looking out for you! And I'd say the same myself, stay away from him"

"I don't even know the dude, and they're warning me?? weirdos.." I stormed off to music class

*I continued to rot for the next periods but I met someone intriguing during music*

"Her name was Aoki Kiyomi, and she knew Aeri better than me or Yuki... She was a silent type although, so I didn't have to worry about her.. hopefully..?"

She said "Hihii!! I'm Aoki, you can call me yomi for short if you'd like! You are?.."

I replied "I'm Makoto! Sadly I have no nickname for you to call me with.."

She said "Ah! I've heard of you!.. from Aeri."

I asked "Wait.. you know Aeri?.. no way, me and Aeri have been friends since 9th grade."

She answered "Oh.. she's been my friend since the sixth grade! ah that means we're mutual friends."

*oh god, I felt everyone was inferior to me.. Aeri was like friendly competition, but her (her as in Aoki).. is she trying to beat me at something?.."

*END OF THIS CHAPTER*