03

Taerae stood in his dorm entrance with an agape mouth and stunned eyes.

There stood the nineteen years old Ricky, a lot taller than the last time they saw each other. He had freshly dyed platinum blonde hair, something that had turned into his usual style. But that wasn't the point. The point was Ricky was in front of Taerae, standing with a mischievous smile.

"Surprise!" His voice got a lot deeper. Talking in call just didn't do justice to that beautiful voice. Hearing it in person sparked something inside the elder. Despite the low-pitched voice, Ricky was still as cute. He extended his arms towards his hyung, hoping to receive a welcoming hug. Taerae understood that in a second and immediately wrapped his arms around Ricky's shoulder, securing him in a tight embrace.

"You didn't tell me you were coming!" Ricky giggled at the excitement in Taerae's tone. But instead of giving an answer, he looked around the room, more specifically Taerae's dorm room.

It looked like just how a uni student's room typically is. Things lying around everywhere, a few unwashed cups on the desk, dustbin overfilled. Ricky looked at the shorter male and shook his head. "You clearly haven't changed." Taerae followed  Ricky's gaze that was on his legs. A two toned red-black pant, indeed Taerae didn't change.

He scoffed, "I'm a whole different person in uni though." Ricky cocked an eyebrow. The Kim Taerae he had known for two years never put any effort in his appearance. He would wake up late, wear the first clothing he would notice and dash out with a big-framed glasses.

"I wear contact lenses now. Plus, I switched my color palate to neutral colors." Taerae proudly stated, flipping his non-existent long hair. That caught Ricky's attention though. His hyung no longer had plain black hair, it was more on the brownish side.

Don't get him wrong though. Ricky akways admired Taerae since the very first time they met. But there was just something in this version of his Taerae hyung. Maybe it was the hair ; maybe it was the confidence in his tone. He wasn't sure what it was that suddenly made Taerae's aura a lot more prominent than before. But it didn't matter. Ricky loved and would always love Taerae in every form.

He nudged the Korean male a little. "Why the sudden change of appearance, hyung?"

Taerae shook his head. Suddenly his smile went wider, his dimple popped out.

"I actually have something to tell you." He uttered. He seemed a little giddy at that moment. Ricky patiently waited. He wasn't worried because Taerae seemed happy. It was probably some good thing that had happened.

"I have a crush on this girl and I'm trying to impress her." He shyly said.

Ricky's first reaction was blinking twice. Did he actually hear that right? His eyes became glossy in an instant. Taerae like someone, his Taerae hyung whose first priority had always been Ricky, liked someone else. Someone who is not Ricky. A lump formed in his throat. Yet he only smiled at that moment. He nodded and heard Taerae rant about her for a good amount of time. He seemed so in love. His eyes were twinkling and a slight blush crept on his cheeks.

Ricky could only listen and feel his heart slowly aching bit by bit.