07

Ricky was confused, perplexed, confounded, puzzled, baffled— Taerae was ignoring him, avoiding him at every chance he got.

It all started from less frequent calls and text replies. Ricky assumed that the elder was probably just busy with studies.

But that wasn't the case. He was at the supermarket, buying his verh essential batch of strawberries. He spotted a faded purple haired guy wearing a casual hoodie. There was no doubt that it was Taerae at the fruit section. But when Ricky approached him with a smile, Taerae stuttered.

"Uh— good to see you, Ricky." Taerae managed to say and just stood there awkwardly, looking everywhere but Ricky's eyes.

"How have you been? You barely answer my texts these days." Ricky was sulking. He was a lot taller than Taerae but he still managed to be adorable. Taerae almost melted when Ricky's voice was slurry as he kept going on and on by himself.

"I have to go actually. See you later!" And Taerae almost ran away from there. Just like that.

Ricky stood in his place for a while, staring as Taerae stopped running at a certain point. Ricky saw how the elder relaxed his shoulders from afar. He was relieved to be finally away from Ricky. And it felt a knife being stabbed in his chest, right where his heart was.

After that day, Taerae saw his texts even less than before. No more bickering in their conversation, no more asking about their days, no more nothing.

Ricky was devastated. But he didn't give up. He mustered up all his courage and prepared himself for the worst. He would confront Taerae about it and if needed, he would speak his heart out.

"Are you sure about confessing though?" Gyuvin asked, arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed. Ricky nodded as he struggled to tie his shoelaces. The brunette sighed and crouched down to tie them for Ricky.

"Text me if it goes well." Gyuvin said and patted Ricky on his shoulders.

"And if it doesn't." He took a pause before continuing, "Then I'll lend you my shoulder tonight." Ricky's lips stretched out to a genuine smile at that. "Thanks bestie." He spoke in English and Gyuvin let out a huff, trying to hide his own grin. "Good luck." He mouthed to the latter and hoped for the best.

When Gyuvin received a call from Ricky, he knew something bad happened. He received it and with broken voice, Ricky uttered, "Gyub, c-can you pick me up? I-I'm outside his dorm right now." He wasted to time to grab a taxi and find his best friend.

He found Ricky right outside Taerae's dorm building. He was barely able to stand straight as he kept wiping his tears and tried to suppress the sobs. With his blurry vision, he spotted Gyuvin walking towards him. He only remember letting all of his tears fall when the other pulled him in a hug.

On the other hand, Matthew stood up from the couch seeing Ricky exiting Taerae's room wuth eyes full of tears.

"Ricky, what happe—"

The blonde looked at him and shook his head before he dashed out.

Matthew contemplated about what to do. In the end, he sighed and went to check on Taerae. He was no different than Ricky, a crying mess. As a good dormmate and friend, Matthew decided not to say anything and just comfort him, at least for that night.