1 Longing Glances~

*y/n's pov*

I lay in my bed, but not asleep. It's the afternoon around 2 pm, maybe. The last few weeks have been a trance, almost a blur throughout. Not leaving my house except for going bowling with my dad when he visited last week. My dad and I always loved bowling, neither of us was good at it, but it's the thought that counts. I hear my phone buzz, that's not a usual occurrence, so I force myself to get up and look.

tarayummyy:

Hey Babes! I haven't heard from you in a while, you alright hun?

Tara and I met when I was bowling with my dad, I complimented her shirt and we got talking and exchanged socials.

y/n l/n:

Yeah, I've been alright, sorry for not responding

tarayummyy:

Thats alright! I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my place to hang out with me

and my friends tonight?

I sighed at the thought of getting up and looking presentable, but I decided I needed to get out of this state somehow.

y/n l/n:

Yeah sure sounds fun! What time?

tarayummy:

7:30 ok?

Shit. It's 5:00 now, my estimate was way off.

y/n l/n:

Sounds good!

I contemplate not showering, but end up doing so, sloppily shaving leaving some small knicks when I get out, 'better than before' I think to myself. I apply lotion on my legs and deodorant, then spray some perfume, hopefully, it's not too strong for Tara or her friends. I apply some sunscreen, even though it's dark outside, moisturizer, primer, and some black eyeshadow mascara and concealer. I couldn't put any more effort, but it's pretty close to my usual look. I look at my phone, 6:17, I better pick up the pace.

I lay out my outfit options, but I struggle with clothes due to my body image. One day I feel like a goddess in fishnets, short skirts, and cropped tops, then the next I just wear jeans and a baggy shirt. I decide to put on a very, VERY short pleated skirt with a brown-ish plaid pattern and a black lace bra, with a white, off-sleeve sweater. I like this sweater, though the neck of it doesn't start until pretty low down. I look at myself up and down in the mirror, I feel really good, I haven't felt that about me in a while, it's refreshing.

I look back at my phone, 7:04, good enough. I slide on some pretty high-heeled boots and start driving. Taras's house is about 10 minutes from mine, I only realized that when I arrived. I was very fucking early,7:16. I thought about going inside for a while, and then mustered up the courage to go for it. I knocked on the door and looked at my phone while I waited, 7:24, great. I heard footsteps approach the door, definitely Taras, she walks in very short strides. "Hey, Y/n! I'm so glad I can finally see you again!" She says opening the door and hugging me. I like Taras hugs, I've only gotten one once before, but they are very comforting. "I'm excited to see you too!" I say putting on a smile, only a little of it is fake.

"You ok?" Tara asks Taras good at reading people. Even through messages, she knows when something is wrong with me. I don't usually tell people my feelings, but Tara makes me comfortable with sharing my story. "Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit worried about meeting your friends," I say with a slight grimace on my face, god, why did I say that? "Aw don't be worried y/n! Trust me they are very friendly, especially Jake." "Are you talking shit, Tara!?" I hear a voice yell from inside, I infer that the voice is Jakes "Im, not you fucking nitwit! Get your ass up from watching y'all stupid show and come meet y/n!" Tara yells angrily, then looks at me with a grin plastered on her face.

I walk inside and take in Taras's house. it's pretty big, it has a distinct smell that matches Taras, and it makes me feel warm. The house is well furnished, you can tell someone with good taste designed it, everything to the walls and kitchen supplies matched. I see a tall man wearing grey sweats, and a jacket with a crop top underneath, I see tattoos on both sides of his abdomen with red and black stars. He has a mullet, not one thats out in the country with guns and beer, he pulls it off well. "Hey y/n, I'm Jake, I've heard tons about you!" I smile with comfort, Jake seems like a genuine guy. "it's awesome to meet you, you seem awesome." I say to Jake smiling "Awe, well I'm delighted to hear that." he says in a Southern mom kind of voice. I grin, trying to hold in my laugh.

"Hey." I hear someone say from behind Jake. "Uh oh," Jake says while stepping out of the way. I see him. My eyes widen as his does also, we just sit there and look at the other for around 10 seconds. I could see Jake and Tara look at each other and grin out of the corner of my eye. He is way shorter than Jake but still is noticeably taller than me. He has hair from what looked like 2008, it suited him well though. He had black eyeshadow around his eyes almost like mine, but more exaggerated. He had two lip piercings, Jesus. I could see he finally snapped to his senses, "I'm Johnnie, it's great to meet you." he says smiling at me, I couldn't help but smile back like a little kid. "He's been excited to meet you," Tara said smiling. I could see Johnnie shoot a look a her. Then a blonde-haired boy came up to me "Hey, I'm Sam" He said friendly and shook my hand. "Sorry that Colby couldn't make it tonight, He has been looking forward to meeting you." "It's alright," I say still grinning from Taras's remark.

The rest of the night was amazing, though I didn't have the chance to speak to Johnnie much, we had a little small talk here and there, but I kept getting snatched away or needed for something. But the whole night we looked at each other, almost every time catching each other staring. It was embarrassing, but I really couldn't help it, something was so fascinating about him. At the end of the night, Tara finally took a hint and left us alone. We started talking about our interests, and we had a lot in common, our music taste, favorite movies, and I felt a connection with him, as soon as I saw him for the first time I felt like I had known him for years. "Wanna go outside?" Johnnie suggests "Sure," I say hesitantly, it got pretty cold during the night.

As we stepped outside Johnnie signaled for me to look up, and I was astonished. I had mentioned my liking for stars, which we both connected over. I was breathless "I know right?" Johnnie says while looking up also. "Can we lay in the grass?" I asked, I had forgotten about the possibility of me getting cold. "Sure!" Johnnie said smiling at me, I could tell it was genuine, I felt I knew everything about him. After looking at the stars in silence, we looked at each other and went back inside, we took each other's hint. "Where the fuck were you?" said Jake "We were looking at the stars!" I say happily. "Fucking stalker," Johnnie says walking by Jake. Jake then winked at me, he knew something I didn't.

Words-1280

TYSM FOR READING AND LMK IF U WONT MORE <33333