2. TRYOUTS

DRACO
☽✧˖°.

Crabbe and Goyle are easily the least intelligent people I have ever met. For one, all they do is try to find the flaws of other people around them. And I say try lightly, I'm not sure either of them have tried to do anything ever.

"Did you see Bullstrodes new haircut? What a bloody mess." Goyle chuckles, his shoulders bouncing up and down at the movement.

Crabe giggles along with him, their volume adding up way louder than it should've been for the comment made.

I ignore Crabbe's hit on my arm in an attempt to get me to laugh with them. It was during second year that they had somehow come to the conclusion that the best way to insult someone was by making a dig at that person's physical appearance. It had always rather annoyed me, though now that we were all 17 it was beyond annoying. It was just immature.

I notice my jaw tensing from the annoying way Goyle slaps his leg whenever chuckling. My chest rises as I inhale deeply, trying to shake off my frustration. I lean further back into my seat, leaning my head up against the blue cushion as I let my gaze wander to the mostly empty train station.

All that was left was a small trail of people getting onto the train, and then two girls standing near a large pillar. The one to the right watches the small line intently, her hand tucking her brown hair behind her ear to reveal more of her rosy cheekbone. To her left stands a friend that doesn't watch nearly as intently as her, not really focused on anything as she drums her fingers on her leg subconsciously.

As the line becomes practically nonexistent the one to the right turns her head slightly to her friend. She seems to have asked a question, the both of them now picking up their trunks near their feet to begin walking toward the train entrance.

I think it rather smart of them to wait until the crowd has died to finally board. There were always empty compartments near the back, though Crabbe and Goyle hadn't and most likely would never make that realization.

I watch as the last glimpse of the brown-haired girl disappears into the train before I realize Goyle is trying to talk to me.

"What?" I clear my throat, sitting up straighter.

"Did you see Bullstrodes haircut?" He questions, his eyebrows raised curiously.

I stare in disbelief at them for a moment, my eyes switching between the two straight-faced boys.

"You're still on about that?" My eyes widen slightly.

"Well did you?" Crabbe asks, acting in a way that makes it seem as if a three year old must've cut her hair before him and Goyle crack up, wheezing with laughter.

I exhale annoyedly, shaking my head slightly as I let my gaze once again fall away from them and toward the now completely empty train station.

_______

Inconveniently enough, Slytherin quidditch tryouts take place the first morning once everyone returns to Hogwarts. Me being the team captain meant that I would be running said tryouts.

At 5am I wake up naturally, quietly getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom to change into my quidditch uniform. Although all my roommates would be waking up soon for tryouts as well, I almost always liked getting there before everyone else.

Once I'm changed and ready I scramble through the darkness of the dorm, silently opening and stepping out of the door as I try to let the least amount of light peak through. After leaving the common room I head toward the Great Hall.