6. LAKE

DRACO
☽✧˖°.

There isn't anything out of the ordinary in my life right now. Other than one girl. One girl that is currently appearing in many more of my thoughts than I'd prefer.

Surely it's not a bad thing for me to offer protection, right?

Thoughts like this have been wandering around my mind for several minutes now, my eyes staring blankly at the white, dull ceiling of my dorm room. My body isn't restless as I lay in bed, only my mind.

It must be around 6 A.M. now, the sun just barely peaking up to shine through the window. Regularly I wouldn't be getting ready for school for at least another 30 minutes.

I inhale deeply, my head tilting toward the side to achieve a greater view out of the barely viewable window. My jaw tenses in annoyance.

I cannot just lay here restlessly for 30 more minutes.

And with a moment longer of thought, I decide to get up.

My shower is quick as I attempt to fight off any of the thoughts trying hard to appear again. The thoughts are stubborn for sure. Just like her.

Getting my school uniform is practically muscle memory at this point, also going by quickly. Once my hair is fixed and I seem to be fully ready I take a moment to check the clock set on my bedside table.

A frustrated exhale leaves me as I see the time 6:21 A.M. sitting there unmoving.

I sit down on my freshly made bed, staring at the clock. In what feels to be about five minutes, the clock finally turns. 6:22 A.M.

I narrow my eyes annoyedly at the numbers.

After anxiously fidgeting with the rings on my fingers for a moment, I decide to begin rearranging the drawer of my bedside table.

There isn't much in the drawer, just a few books as well as extra quills and ink for school. The last item my eyes fall on is a small bottle of cologne that I occasionally wear. I would usually wear it during fancy events or dinners where I needed to seem extra mature.

Without much thought, my boredom takes over and I spray a bit onto my body.

Placing the bottle back into the neat drawer, my restlessness begins to grow once again.

My attention soon turns toward the window, my eyes watching as a fall breeze blows many leaves out of a tree in the process of turning red. I subconsciously inhale deeply, my body suddenly feeling a strong urge to be able to inhale a breeze like that.

Without a moment further, I grab a light coat, my pace quick as I leave my dorm full of peacefully sleeping boys.

As I walk through the dungeons toward the exit, I see a few teachers roaming around their classrooms in preparation for the school day. With a polite smile a nod to all of them, I get through the school without suspicion.

My hands slide into my coat pockets as I reach outside, my lungs finally taking the cold breath of air they seemed so desperate for just moments ago.

And surely enough, my mind is finally at peace.

It becomes unknown how many deep breaths I've taken after a few moments of doing so, my mind clear and only focused on the feeling.