4. RESULTS

DRACO
☽✧˖°.

Although I made it seem as though I'd be spending all night thinking through who's names would be written on the tryout results list, I practically new who'd make the list before tryouts even ended. It wasn't a difficult decision, so why make it one?

My conversation with Maevyn last night was rather entertaining, though. It wasn't necessarily my plan to make her so confused, in fact I was quite surprised by her not thinking she would make it on to the team. During tryouts she had seemed so confident in her quidditch skills.

With an apple in one hand and the list in the other, I choose a spot on the wall to hang it on. It's a pretty obvious place, easy to see as you walk out of the Great Hall.

Using my wand, I make it so that the list sticks against the wall. After taking a step back to make sure it is straight as well as in a good spot, my eyes scan over each name once again. I obviously knew who the team consisted of, though I liked the small sense of excitement the last name gave me.

I begin walking backwards a bit, the sound of students beginning to get up from their seats and leave the Great Hall now entering my hearing. I lean my body up against the wall opposite from the one holding the list, my ankles crossing and one of my hands sliding into my pocket while the other holds my apple.

Everyone who was at tryouts are the first people out of the hall, clear eagerness in their attitudes as they quickly crowd around the wall. There's a few sounds of celebration from a few of the boys who made it onto the team, each of them congratulating the others.

Some of them take a moment to glance back at me, giving me a small nod of acknowledgment or a smile of appreciation to which I return. Although it was nice seeing their reactions, it wasn't the reaction I was still waiting on. The reaction I have yet to see.

As soon as the thought crosses my mind, my eyes land on the exact girl I was thinking of. She walks out of the hall with her friend, their attention completely distracted on whatever conversation they were having, though her curious eyes soon turn to the group.

She seems to realize the cause of crowd quickly, her lips parting with something of surprise as her eyes stay glued to the wall before she takes her friend's arm, shaking it frantically. It's only a moment before the girl's eyes are just as wide and shocked as Maevyn's.

I knew of Lea Reyes much more than I did Maevyn Quinn. That was mostly due to the popularity she appears to have within the Slytherin boys, many of them taking their attempts in gaining her liking, yet none successful so far. I've never taken my own attempt, though. I don't plan to either.

With a small furrow to my brows, I attempt to listen to their words, though the constant reactions just a few feet from me cover up any hint as to what they must be saying to each other. The only thing I am able to read whatsoever is Lea saying "go" before Maevyn does exactly that.

She fights her way into the crowd, her arms crossing over her chest as protection from all the students with an impressive lack of self awareness. Once she's in view sight of the list her eyes squint, accompanying a slight furrow to her eyebrows.

I watch her eyes intently as she reads. Her eyelashes fall ever so slightly each time she moves onto the next name, creating a sort of suspense within me.

It's the sixth time her eyelashes move when her expression changes. Rather than the look of suspicion she had just seconds ago, her emotions have changed fully to shock. With wide eyes, parted lips, and once tense arms falling down to lay by her sides, she stares completely transfixed.