5. CONFRONT

MAEVYN
˖°.

"So when did the flirt fest with Malfoy begin?" Lea asks suddenly, a smirk with obvious amusement plastered onto her lips.

I pause my reorganizing of the books in my bag, my eyes quickly moving to look at her. "What?"

Something between a scoff and huff leaves her mouth. "Mae, don't you dare pretend I didn't see the two of you's interaction after finding out you made it onto the team."

My brows furrows with a mix of confusion and disbelief at her insinuation. "You of everyone should know that that was not flirting."

"I am also the one who knows when it is flirting. Don't forget that." The smirk returns to her lips.

Now it's my turn to scoff-huff. "You're delusional."

"And you're a flirt," Lea responds, a quiet giggle leaving her.

I shake my head with disbelief as my gaze tilts downward to watch my hands continue organizing my books, a hint of a smile growing at Lea's giddy attitude.

"How've you been, miss love expert?" I ask after a moment of silence, the sound of our walking feet as we head over to the Great Hall for breakfast being the only sound heard.

"Been alright. Nothing you don't know of already." She shrugs.

"Sometimes I think we should maybe make some more friends."

"Ew, no."

A smile appears on my lips at the quick response. "You're right."

"Well, how are you other than that? How's the asthma?" Lea asks, her voice quickly becoming one of gentleness and compassion.

"Still a dick." I shrug.

"Ooh, I like that one, it's the most fitting," she says, her lips pursed.

My smile grows at her response. "Althoughhh..." I pause, inhaling deeply. "Last night while I was sitting in the common room I overheard some of the quidditch boys talking about how Malfoy only put me on the team because of pity."

Lea's brows furrow immediately, her head jutting forward with a mix of anger and disbelief. "Oh yeah because Draco Malfoy is definitely the type to do something out of 'pity.'" She scoffs.

"Trust me, I agree completely." My teeth gently bite onto my lip, my fingers running through my hair.

"They're so brainless it's a literal joke." Lea's head shakes with annoyance as she speaks. "Just wait till they see you play."

"Technically they already hav-"

"Sh. Let me have my moment," she interrupts me, pushing her hand in front of me as to signal for me to be quiet. "Did you say anything to them?"

"I highly doubt there's anything I can say to them that'll make them shut up about it...but-"

"But?" Lea's eyebrows lift quickly.

"But Malfoy asked Bletchley if he could talk to him, and I assume it's something that connects to the fact they were talking about me." I swallow.

Her eyebrows suddenly fall as the corner of her lips twitch into that same smirk she had on minutes ago. "Malfoy, huh?"

I roll my eyes, nudging her shoulder. "Oh shut up, it's not like I asked him to."

Quiet giggles begin to leave her. "Of course not, you didn't have to."

It's within the next moment that we enter the crowded Great Hall, an uncountable amount of conversations filling each inch of the giant room.

"I think blondie over there might be planning to make a move on you today," I say quietly to Lea as we walk side by side to our usual seats. There was a blond Hufflepuff that seemed to be finding it his new-found hobby to stare at Lea whenever he could.