27 - Ooh, spicey

Skye

Skye

I didn't know what time it was, but I'd been lying in my bed for ages, trying to sleep, but I couldn't ever close my eyes.

I was thinking too much, and it was getting exhausting.

I needed to know who was trying to kill me, and I needed to know if it was Sebastain.

If it was, I was walking into a trap that I might not have been able to escape.

I didn't know Sebastain that well, but it felt like I'd known him for years.

He was right though, if he wanted me dead, he'd just mind control me to jump off a bridge.

It was horrifying that he had that power, but it was true.

If he wanted me dead, I'd be dead.

That meant that... maybe he was a good guy?

But who wanted to hurt me? Why? And what did I do?

Sebastain never gave off hints, and I was starting to get frustrated.

He told me that he didn't want me to know because it would break the protection spell he placed on my mind, but at the same time, I felt like he was keeping so many secrets, and I was starting to wonder if that was true.

I closed my eyes tightly, rolling over on my bed and staring off into the darkness.

I wondered what he was doing... was he asleep? It was one in the morning or something, I thought.

I then sat up, rubbing my eyes lazily as I slipped off my bed and pushed the ends of my nightgown down.

I then gazed up, stepping toward my bedroom door and parted it, making my way into the hallway.

I walked straight forward, knowing that his bedroom was on the right corner of the house, directly across from mine all the way down the hall.

I'd never been in there before, but I needed something to do, and I suspected that he didn't sleep.

After walking what felt like a mile, I stopped in front of his bedroom door and knocked, waiting patiently for an answer.

When none came, my brows drew together.

I knocked again, listening.

Nothing.

I stood fully then, sputtering my lips.

Maybe he was asleep.

I was about to leave, but a sound came from my right:

"Looking for Sebastain?"

I glazed up, finding Claire across the hall a little bit away from me, carrying a laundry basket in her hands and clearly making her way to the room.

I nodded, keeping silent.