Prologue - I'd never...

Author's Note
Hey, everyone!
I decided to fix some stuff with this book, so this will be added and chapters one and two will be edited! Please read all of them and vote ☺️

Skye

I'd never killed someone in my life before today.

Or at least I hoped I killed him.

My mom always told me that life was precious, and that I should treat it as if it were my own child, but no one ever told me that my life would've ended up like this.

Blood on my hands... my blood and his blood.

Blood everywhere.

Sebastian glanced over at me, nodding while I held a thin dagger in my hand.

I screamed, jumping in the air and slicing the dagger into North's back.

He yelled out, back arching as blood splattered all over my face.

I jumped away then, backing off as North dropped to his knees, gasping as his mouth parted, blood slipping off his tongue and dripping off his chin.

Sebastian's eyes narrowed, and he kept his gun at him.

North just fell onto his hands, choking on his own blood as his breath shuttered.

"Nice... one..." North sputtered, glancing at me.

"Think you still can't die?" Sebastian wondered.

North just smiled, throwing his head back and locking eyes with me.

I stilled, heart pounding at his dark stare.

He smiled then, face covered entirely in blood, and he started chuckling, then laughing.

Sebastian and I stared in concern as he continued laughing, locking eyes with me while his eyes grew red, hemorrhaging with blood consuming all the white.

"What?" Sebastian barked. "Why are you laughing?"

North calmed to chuckling, blood spitting from his mouth as I tightened my hold on the dagger.

"You can't rid of me," he cooed, still chuckling. "I cannot die. I am a god. You will be mine to kill, Skye. You will."

I drew back as he continued watching me.

How could he breathe with his head back like that?

North only watched me, and I almost screamed at him to look away because he seemed lost with a mix of psychosis...

He was going to die.

He was.

Right?

He just chuckled again, mouth spitting out blood. "If I can't have you, Skye Frost," his eyes darkened, "no one can."

And he vanished from existence, making me shoot up and look around for him, but he was completely gone.

I gasped under my breath, searching for him.

What?

Where did he go? Where the hell—

But when I gazed up at Sebastian, he looked confused as well, glancing around nervously.

He suddenly looked up at me then, and his eyes widened in horror. "SKYE!" He screamed, launching forward. "SKYE, WATCH OUT!"

I'd always thought I'd die in a hospital bed, holding my husband's hand as tears slipped down his cheeks.

I was wrong.

I never thought death would be this painful...

And I'd never thought that I could've been pulled out from the darkness.

Death could be reversed.

I didn't know that until today.