01. chapter one

act one season one
esqueleto.

          JASMINE MIRAN was many things; a hypocrite, a petty bitch, but she was not a liar

She was fond of attention, her heart growing tender when she knew that someone's sight only landed on her, and her alone.

She found herself so deeply ingrained in karate because she knew the cheers erupting upon the queues of the stadium were on the call of her name. She loved ice skating, where she was completely mindful of the way the cold hit the arcs of her face, painting a picture of mesmerised glances along her way.

But she liked the positive attention. That, she can admit.

Not the one where she felt the constant need to shrug herself into oblivion in the harsh, plastic seats of the cafeteria.

Jenny raised an eyebrow, shoving the fork onto her plate with an annoyed sigh. "Okay, it's your first day back and you're already being weird, what is it?"

Mila and Isabella momentarily paused their chewing, Aisha having put a concerned hand on Jasmine's shoulder. "Has anyone bothered you?"

"What? no!" She said, rubbing her temple in a circular motion before tilting her head to the side, "that guy and some of his friends haven't stopped gawking like some animals the minute we stepped onto here."

Jasmine recognized one, Eli. A quiet boy who was assigned as her partner in an earlier class through the day, but it seems that's where her familiarity lasts.

The rest of the girls found their trail of sight landing on a suspiciously reserved table. Jenny's aggravated scorn faded, a smile adorning her once rough expression. "That's Eliot. Sweet, gentle, nerdy Eliot."

Jasmine's brows raised, "Oh! The Eli? The one you constantly keep me up at night to talk about?" Mila snorts, nodding while moving her body to glare directly at the aforementioned table, "the emo-looking chick is Gia Lawrence. A total skank and will probably end up a big waste of space, much like her father. And that one," she points accusingly, "the annoying, freaky-looking one, is Demetri."

No one seemed to add a comment on the rise of insults against the Lawrence teenager. Jasmine, fortunately, caught onto gossip beforehand from Aisha — and she could only ever stay silent as resentment bubbled up so intensely inside of her at the words she'd heard.

She can only ever assume it must be hard to tramp down a large amount of popularity because your father was caught for public indecency. She can recall mere reminisces of her encounters with her before she had to move away, none that she ever liked. The only thing she was grateful for was the bite of chips that stopped her from laughing tantalizingly along her way.

Isabella narrowed her eyes, side eyeing the table where Demetri sat, "Okay, that's mean. He's actually very sweet," she halted her words, biting the inside of her cheeks at the scoff she received from Mila. "Sure, when he's not wallowing in his self-made misery."