03. chapter three

act one season one
cobra kai never dies.

'COBRA KAI'

'COBRA KAI'

Jasmine squinted, whispering the words near Jenny with a hopeful glance, "see, it's a thing! I told you he isn't a creep!"

Jenny sighed, dragging a sweat-loaded finger below her jaw in disgust, "and he'd expect you to train in this weather? I doubt there's any air conditioner inside."

Jasmine winced at the force to which her teeth moved along one another, her grip tightening around the pink straps of her bag. "Go get some cold water from that shop, I'll see if I can get in." She dismissed her, narrowing her eyes when Jenny's hold tensed on her purse with wary eyes.

Her ribs quivered with each beat of her heart that fully slammed against the concave of her bones. Muscles contracting in heavy motion as her previous worries eloped back to the edge of her head. Could she really ease the blame off her anxious mind, or would that have made her too hopeful? Mr. Larusso would never have to find out, she thinks.

The glass doors were fogged up, and she squinted so tightly it blinded her momentarily. Her hands enclosed around her face, leaning into the window, eyes wandering around the place; and it looked nothing short of pathetic. The mats were toppled over one another in an odd manner, boxes cramming up corners on each side of the room.

"Jasmine?"

Her forehead bumped against the glass, and she let out a remote whine as she stepped back.

Miguel's eyes widened. He rushed over to his best ability, legs cramping from last night, and his hands brushed against the reddening skin that lay atop. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!"

Her brows contorted and she pouted at the way he quickly moved away when her eyes landed on him. She touched the place where his hands had once been, a subtle smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Don't worry about it! Are you feeling better?" She walked nearby. Standing closely to his side as she studied his face, "all this from last night?"

Miguel's gaze was hammered to his lap, unsure if the heat painting his face was from the concern etching her voice or the referring injuries from last night. He shrugged, "yeah, but that's okay. It'll heal quickly."

He paused, "is it okay if I ask what you're doing here?"

Jasmine nodded, observing the anguish that cloaked his demeanor. The way he flinched when he sat on the edge of the floor. Her words caught up to her, and she glared at the spot next him with a grimace.

Miguel's lips parted and he was quick to remove the blue jacket he wore to place it on the ground beside him, layering the sleeves so the rock's harsh corners would not be a bother. He watched with softened eyes as she beamed, smiling so sickeningly bright he felt his heart tug.