~The Order of the Stone~ Ep. 1 Pt. 3

~Jesse's P.O.V~

"Hurry—We're supposed to meet in the alley over there." Petra says, pointing at a dark alleyway. We began our little walk over to it, when Petra started conversing with me. "So...you and Y/N, huh?" She asked me, indicating something. I looked at her with wide eyes. "What?! No—Y/N's one of my best friends, nothing more. Just like Axel and Olivia." I protested. Reuben budged me with his head, giving me a dirty look. "...And Reuben." Petra chuckled a little, "I was just wondering. Plus, I'm pretty sure someone else's got an eye for her." She told me. I turned my head toward her, eager to hear more. "Who??" I asked her. "Lukas." She plainly said, as if it wasn't surprising or something." "What?! No way—Y/n hates his guts." I said, surprised. Petra shrugged it off, not really caring about other people's love life. "Plus, how would you know that?" I asked her."Well..."Petra started. "When I made that deal with Lukas, he asked me if I knew Y/N and how I did." My eyes widened. "Yeah, that could mean anything though." I said. "True." She replied.

~Y/N'S P.O.V~

Some time had passed and I was just aimlessly walking around town, looking at all the booths. I was quite interested in the music disc booth. I really wanted another music disc for myself. I walked over to it, reading the sign in my head. 'Music Discs' I smiled to myself as I walked up to the booth. It was an adult man who looked like the sweetest person on earth. "Hello!" I said cheerfully. He looked up at me with wide eyes, then creeply smirked at me. I didn't think much of it considering that my main focus was the music disc. "Hello there, what would you like...beautiful..?" He said to me. I got a little bit weirded out because I think I'm a bit young for him to be calling me something like that...maybe he was just being nice..? I shook it off and told him. "I would like the music disc: Ward. Please." He turned around and looked through the chests that were resting behind him. "Here, that'll be two iron ingots." I didn't even think about that. Of course I'd need to pay something for the disc. "Awe man, I'm sorry sir, I actually don't have any iron on me. I'll have to get the disc next year. Sorry for the inconvenience." He chuckled a bit before speaking, "It's okay darling, this one's on me." My eyes got huge. "Really?" I asked him, surprised. "Yep. Here you go." And with that, handed me the disc. I was astounded that this actually happened. Just then, the man stood up, grabbing my hand. I whipped my head up to face him, he was eagerly grinning at me. "U-Uhm, sir?" "How about after Endercon, you come to my place?" He asked me. I was baffled, I could barely get a sentence out."U-Uhm. I-I can't." "Oh, why's that?" He questioned as he tightened his grip on what was now my wrist. Abruptly, a masculine voice interrupted. "Because she's coming with me." The man and I both swiveled our heads around to see who had spoken. He let go of my wrist, bringing it back to his own body. Beside me stood Lukas, staring down the stranger. He continued on. "Sorry man." To make it more believable, he grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. "C'mon Y/N." Lukas said to me. And with that, we left. We were a few shops down from the music disc shop, so we finally stopped walking. Lukas turned to me and began talking, "Are you okay?" I shook my head yes. "Yeah I'm alright. I had an off feeling about the interaction the whole time, I just sort of wished I had noticed he was weird earlier." "Yeah I was watching from a few stands away, and when he grabbed your hand—Well, I knew I had to step in." I smiled at Lukas. "Thank you for helping me, I appreciate it." "No problem. Even if we don't get along, I wasn't about to let that happen." Then it hit me...I still haven't apologized for everything that went down earlier. "Yeah, about that..." I started. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier. It's just that Aiden really gets on my nerves. Like not just now, but even before I met Jesse and the gang he'd always be there, running his annoying mouth. I guess I just had enough. Then I lashed out on you, and that I feel awful for, because I didn't want to do that—Am I saying too much?" Lukas laughed, " You're okay. I understand why you did it. You don't need to apologize." Then I heard a familiar voice. " Y/n! And...Lukas?" I turned around to see Jesse and Reuben standing there. "Hey Jesse!" I said. "I'm..gonna go for a bit. Cya around." Lukas said, backing off and walking away. I waved a wave at Lukas before turning back around to talk to Jesse. "Hey, have you seen a creepy guy with long black hair and a beard lurking around anywhere?" I looked at Jesse with a confused face. "No...Why?" He sighed, beginning to explain. "He scammed Petra out of a deal and we're trying to find him. Are you down to help?" I gave him a smug look, implying something between him and Petra. "Mhmmm. Yeah I'll help." Jesse soon caught on to what I was trying to say, face turning a shade of pink. "Shut up Y/N. Let's go find the others." We began looking around for the others. As we were, I started small talk. "Y'know, you should give Lukas a chance Jess." I paused for a moment, Jesse looking away. "He isn't as bad as we all thought and if P can stand him, then you can." "He also kinda saved my life earlier." Jesse whipped his head to face mine, beginning to speak. "What? What happened?" I didn't really feel like explaining. I sighed, shrugging. "I'll tell you later, okay J?" He could tell I didn't want to tell him. His head shook in a 'yes' nod, and we carried on walking. We spotted Axel, standing...staring...and laughing at a...chicken farm? We walked over to him, standing next to the black-haired boy. The three of us and Reuben watched as a chicken got dropped in and it frantically ran around. I stared in lots of confusion and Axel began to speak. "Thought you could wiggle out of that trap, didn't you? Well – wiggle as much as you want – you're not goin' anywhere." I face-palmed as Reuben raised an eyebrow. "Axel, listen up–" Jesse started. "Any chance you've seen a creepy-looking beard-y guy anywhere?" Axel turned his head towards us. "No, but Petra told me what happened– I'm keeping an eye out for him" Jesse and I exchanged an unimpressed look. "Okay, so I got a little distracted. It's just this machine presses all my buttons– unnecessarily complicated, and mean to birds for no reason. It's just, when something like this calls, you gotta answer." he paused. "But I swear, as soon as the demonstration is over... Petra did make it sound kinda serious." Jesse sighed. "We really need your help, Axel. If we don't find this guy soon, we might never find him." The black-haired boy rolled his eyes. "All right, all right. I'll look......after I watch one more chicken get owned." The three of us rolled our eyes and walked away. As we did, Jesse spotted the person who looks to be Ivor. "Ha! I see you now, weirdo..." He whispered under his breath. Ivor began to walk away, so we followed him. We took a few steps, only to have someone completely block our path. I made eye contact with this person, only to stop dead, feeling cold. Aiden.

He had a black eye and a busted lip. " Hey, how's your stupid pig? I hear intense heat causes brain damage. It does boost the flavor...something crazy, though." He grinned. Jesse seemed to not have a particular liking to what Aiden said because he shouted at him. "Move you idiot!" Aiden gave an offended look. "Hey– who are you calling an idiot?" "You–Now move!" Jesse shouted again as he shoved Aiden aside to clear the path for us three. As I walked by, I could feel Aiden's eyes on me, but I didn't dare look up at him again. As we got past him, we finally caught up to Ivor. Jess grabbed him, only to come face-to-face with a woman with the same hair. "Hey! Where do you think you're–" My face filled with redness from the secondhand embarrassment that I felt. "What do you think you're doing?!" The lookalike said in an unpleasant tone. Jesse lets go of the woman's shoulder, feeling embarrassed as well. "Oh, I'm sorry–" "Get away from me!" The woman said again. "I said I was sorry" Jesse mumbled. Just then, we heard an alarmed squeal. "Reuben?!" I said loudly. "Reuben? Where'd you wander off to?" Jesse also loudly said. We walked for a moment. As we were, a butcher was trying to advertise his stand by yelling to the groups of people strolling around. We watched as he placed a scared, shaking Reuben on the table, getting ready to butcher him. "Reuben!" I called to him. "What's the big idea? I'm trying to run a business here." Jesse was angered. "That's my pig! You kidnapped my pig!" "Well, I don't know what you're talking about, Chief. I found this pig wandering alone in the streets." The guy paused. "Not the fattest pig I've ever seen...but he should cook up real nice, anyway." "He's not food!" I told him. The butcher started, "Once I butcher the thing, we can all have a piece. I like the jowl myself. Just a fancy word for cheeks." "Oh, come on!" Jesse and I said in unison. "I might be amenable to some kind of trade...Not that you look like you got much of value. I gotta get some kind of return on my investment. Otherwise, it's straight to the slaughterhouse for this one." The brown-haired boy sighs. "All I've got is this sword." He then pulled the stone sword out. The butcher's eyes gleamed with joy. "Oh, that's very nice. With this, I could cut my butchering time in half!" He handed him the sword. "Nice doin' business with you." Was the last sentence exchanged between us before he gleefully pushed Reuben off the counter. "C'mon buddy." We began to walk off, Reuben starring Jesse down. He quickly notices this, also quickly apologizing. "I'm sorry Reuben. We were so busy trying to find that creepy guy. I didn't notice." Just then, we spot Olivia. "Livi!" I shouted, waving my hand. She turned her head at us and smiled at us. Jesse began talking as soon as we got to her. "Remember that thing I had to go do with Petra? Long story short, we met up with this guy, he cheated me and Petra on a deal, and now we're trying to track him down." " You in?" I asked. Olivia gave us a smug smile. "Oh, I'm in, all right." I smugly smiled back. "Any sign of him?" We heard a familiar ginger ask as she found us. Jesse awkwardly sighed. "I thought I saw him earlier, but it was just a false alarm." I chuckled to myself before being interrupted with Jesse screaming. "Wait there he is!" We turned our heads in unison before watching as he entered a wooden door into the main building. "Looks like he's heading towards the hall." I pointed out. "We're going to have to get past that usher to follow him." Petra also pointed out. "Let's go!"

We walked up to the usher to try and wiggle our way past him, with Jesse beginning to talk. "So, yeah, hey." "What would it take to get us inside tonight?" The usher raised an eyebrow, "Uh...tickets." Then began to start laughing at his own joke. The group all shared some knowing looks. "That was a good one. You should laugh." We just kinda stood there, staring at him. "I'm sorry, but...no tickets, no show." He finally said, crossing his arms. Suddenly, a chicken walked up to him, frightening the guy. "Chickeeeeennnnnn!!! Chicken– Chicken– Chicken! It's gone, you're totally fine, you're a totally cool dude." The usher shouts as the chicken leaves. We turned around and walked back to talk. "We have to do something." Petra says. "Like what?" Olivia asks. "The show has been sold out for ages!" "I could bust right through. I just need a little wind-up room." Axel said, piping in his idea. I snickered a little. "Any other bright ideas?" "We need a distraction." Jesse said, eyeing up the chicken machine. "A lot of chickens running around might be a distraction." P said with a smirk. "The usher is afraid of chickens," Jesse paused. "What would you say if I told you I wanna break this guy's chicken machine to create the mother of all distractions?" "But you would have to break *that* pane of glass." Olivia said, pointing at it. "How're going to reach it?" "Let's look around. There has to be something we can do." Petra suggested. With a few head nods, we disbanded to find something to get us up to the pane. I went off by myself to look, accidentally seeing Maya, Aiden, and/or Gill along the way, actively avoiding them.

Word Count (Discluding anything bolded): 2256

yay another normal ending chapter. I still can't believe I wrote this crap

-Em <3