Chapter 2: Devil Spawned Trip

_____

"We're here."
Duncan immediately got out of the car.
"Finally." he said as he breathed in fresh, not green-apple-scented air.

"Come on, this is where we're staying." Courtney said as she gestured for Duncan to follow her.
He ignored her and just stood there.
She rolled her eyes, grabbed his arm and dragged him into the building.

It was an abandoned building, so the criminal wouldn't expect detectives to be there.
Courtney tried not to gag at the disgusting smell of the hallways.

"What? This isn't as fancy as Princess had expected?" Duncan snickered at her disgusted expressions.
"Excuse me? 'Princess' wasn't expecting anything." Courtney growled as she straightened her spine.
"Right." he replied, as he made a clicking noise.
"And stop calling me that." she hissed as they finally reached the room they'd be sleeping in.

Courtney's jaw fell in shock.
And then her eyebrows furrowed in anger.

There was only one bed.

______

She looked at Duncan who had a similar expression on his face.
"Dibs on the bed!" he immediately shouted, running like a child to jump on 'his' bed.
"You're incredibly immature, you know that?" Courtney yelled, pointing her index finger at him. "And, plus- where am I supposed to sleep then?" she continues.

"The floor'll do just fine." he smirked.
"Wow, what a gentleman!" she said.
"I'm sleeping on the bed." Courtney stated.
"I dibsed it." Duncan declared, as if it meant something.
"What is this, fifth grade? Get off, I'm sleeping here tonight." she groaned as she rolled her eyes.
Courtney walked over and shoved Duncan off the bed, which made him thump onto the dirty floor.

She laughed at his state.

"Princess, I don't know what you're used to in your life, but sometimes you gotta sleep on the floor. Trust me, I'm teaching ya a lesson." he said as he smiled smugly, still sitting on the floor.
"I'm sleeping here." Courtney hissed.
"Well, so am I." Duncan shrugged, getting back up.

She exhaled sharply in irritation.

How did she get stuck with Duncan of all people.

"I'll call the sergeant." Courtney sighed, rolling her eyes- pointedly at him.
"Of course you will." Duncan grinned.
She rolled her eyes again.

"Leshawna. Why is there only one bed?!" Courtney shouted at the phone as she walked out into the hallway.

"Girl, what?" Leshawna replied. "What happened to hello?" she laughed.
"LESHAWNA. LISTEN TO ME." Courtney yelled.
"Yeesh." she mumbled.
"I'm at the stakeout, remember?!"

"Yes, and?"

"I'M WITH DUNCAN. AND THERE IS ONLY ONE BED!" Courtney explained, earning a few laughs in the background.

"Are you on speaker?!" she hissed.
"No." multiples voices said in sync.
"Who's on?" Courtney sighed.
"Gwen, Bridgette, DJ and Cody." Leshawna laughed.

"Well- since almost the whole squad is here, what do I do? It's unprofessional to sleep in the same bed." she whispered.

"The only thing that's unprofessional are your feelings for me." A voice hissed from behind her, Courtney turned around and rolled her eyes at him.
"Oh great, you're an eavesdropper too! This is a private conversation if you can't tell!"