Yes I Do

Seated in front of his laptop, Archie engages in a video call with his mom. However, as their conversation progresses, it becomes obvious that Archie is clearly annoyed and eager to end the call.

"Archie, I just sent 15,000 two weeks ago. Now you're asking again?" Sasha inquired over the video call.

"Mom, Roxy has a lot of expenses-check-ups, meds, and other things," Archie explained.

"I know, pero hindi kasali dun yung pagbili mo sa kanila ng aircon and also offering to pay their bills," she said clearly annoyed.
"We already transferred them to a better hospital, offered to cover all her expenses regarding her pregnancy but buhayin sila? NO - NO!"

Archie closed his eyes, took a deep breath. "Mom, you don't understand."

"Oh yes, I do. What I'm seeing is that girl is taking advantage of you," Sasha exclaimed. "Di mo pala yan girlfriend."

"Not yet, but I have plans -" Archie paused. "Why are you getting so heated about this, are we losing our money?"

Sasha gasped, looking offended at Archie's question. "Oh no, that will never happen, sweetie."

"Then why are you acting like we're poor?" Archie asked.

"Son, your Lolo's case is getting out of hand. May mga big names, politicians ng involved. And as much as possible, we are trying to be lowkey. Possible na pati wire transfer ko sayo silipin nila," Sasha explained.

Archie rolled his eyes; it seems that there is no end to his family drama. He recalled the days when he wished he were from a different family.

"And your safety, anak, I'm scared na pag nalaman ng mga kaaway ng lolo mo na andiyan ka sa Pilipinas baka ikaw yung balikan nila."

"I can handle myself, Mom."

"Archie, just go here na with us, please. I promise we will take care of everything," Sasha asked Archie, but he seemed unfazed.

"I'm sorry, Mom, I can't," Archie replied. "Are we still talking? Need ko na sunduin sina Roxy, she has a check-up pa."

"Okay, okay, if hindi ka pa susunod dito. Better process now your college application, kaysa gawin kang driver ng magkapatid na 'yan." Sasha rolled her eyes. "I'll be at ease if at least nag-aaral ka."

"Fine! Let's just get this over with," Archie exclaimed, finally surrendering to his mom's nagging.

"Good, keep your promise, son. It's either you'll study or susunod ka dito."

"Yes, Mom. Just send my regards to Z," Archie said as he pressed the 'end call'.

Leaning back in his gaming chair, Archie senses not only the weight on his body but also the pressure he has been dealing with for some time now.

He currently resides in his condo, as their main house was sold. His mom and sister chose to move on from the bad memories associated with the house. Yet, Archie isn't complaining. This condo has become his sanctuary. During moments of frustration and drama, he recalls retreating here, taking time to think and perhaps getting a bit high to ease the stress.

Standing up from the chair, he walks towards his room to grab his keys. A smirk appears on his face as he notices the pile of unopened packages he purchased from Roxy's live selling.

"I'm such a simp," he thought to himself, chuckling at the idea of him obsessing over Roxy's live selling as Dark Gray.

Recalling a heated argument with his dad, he came to his condo to unwind and to get high, only to find his usual dealer is unresponsive. Turning to social media, he noticed a link shared by Sanya.