I Got You

AU Notes:
Super long chapter ahead, intense tong chapter na to and full of emotions! So enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------

Roxy struggled to pull herself out of bed as she entered her sixth month of pregnancy today. With just three months remaining until she meets her little one, she marvels at how she's managed to keep her pregnancy hidden from her friends until now.

Recalling her last awkward conversation with Archie, Roxy remembered how her supposed joke had taken an unexpected turn:

"Yes I do, Roxanne," Archie replied with a serious expression, his eyes locked onto her.

Biting her lower lip, Roxy's heart raced with anticipation. While she was aware of Archie's affection for her, she hadn't truly pondered the extent of his feelings.

"I do saan?" she asked.

Archie blinked multiple times, avoiding her gaze and looking down. "I mean, yes, I do have character development," he admitted suddenly.

"Ohhh, edi wow." Roxy answered, looking away from him.

"Ikaw ah, are you expecting something else?" Archie teased.

"Wow, asa ka naman diyan."

Suddenly, Ria rushed into Roxy's room. "Archie, dalian mo! Panuorin mo yung nasa TV!"

Confused, Archie immediately checked what Ria was pointing at. He gasped upon seeing a photo of his grandfather headlining the news.

"Breaking News! Ilang buwan ang nakakaraan ng mahuli ang isa sa pinakamalaking Drug Lord ng bansa, unting unti lumalabas ang mga malalaking pangalan na diumanoy sangkot -"

Archie's heart raced as he recalled his mom's warnings about his grandfather's case. He hadn't given it much thought, but seeing it on the news made him realize the gravity of the situation. "Shit, just give me a break."

"Archie, okay ka lang?" Roxy asked, concerned.

"Yeah, yeah. I- I need to go," Archie replied as he walked away.

Roxy sat on the bed, gently rubbing her belly, feeling genuine concern for Archie. She checked her phone, dismayed to find no messages from Archie. This was uncommon, as he typically messaged her for updates.

"Wag muna natin masyado istressin daddy mo," Roxy said, taking a deep breath.

------------------------------------------------------

In the university cafeteria, Archie sat, reflecting on the fact that it was the second week of classes, yet he had only just started attending. Taking a sip from his black coffee, he contemplated his thoughts.

He recalled the frantic call from his mom, checking on his safety and nagging him for not going to the U.S:

"I told you many times that this is serious, di ka nakikinig!" Sasha exclaimed at Archie over the phone.

"I'm fine, just relax mom. Saka nakapagenroll na ko," Archie said, lying to Sasha, knowing that he hadn't processed his college application yet.

"Our contact from PNP mentioned that yung mga kalaban ng mga politician na involve are planning to raise the case sa Sandiganbayan, which makes it complicated."

"Sandiganbayan? What the hell was that?" Archie asked, confused.

"Oh God Archie, nanghihinayang talaga kami ng dad mo sa tuition fee mo," Sasha answered annoyed. "Anyways, what I'm trying to say is we need to be lowkey lalo na sa expenses natin."