I Need To Go

Roxy waited discreetly outside the university for Archie. He was running 20 minutes late, according to the schedule he sent her.

She had gone to his school unannounced, intending to find out if the rumors were true. There was a speculation that he was with another girl, possibly two-timing her.

While they may not have been officially in a relationship, Archie had expressed his intention to court Roxy. To her, it would feel like a breach of trust and a form of emotional betrayal if she finds out that the rumors are true.

Standing on her tiptoes, she tried to peek through the exit, wearing an oversized hoodie with the hood pulled up to cover her face. She also had on large sunglasses, thinking they would make her unrecognizable.

"Ang tagal!" she thought to herself, feeling the ache in her feet from standing for a long time.

Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice calling her from afar, the same voice that used to annoy her back in Northford High.

"Oh my God! It's you Roxy!" Kenjie exclaimed as he ran towards her.

"Kenjie? Ano ginagawa mo dito?" Roxy asked, surprise evident on her face.

"Duh, I study here! Didn't Archie tell you?" Kenjie replied. "What about you? Are you spying on Archie noh?"

Roxy rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. "Excuse me, napadaan lang ako."

"In denial padin?" Kenjie teased her, his eyes immediately shifting to Roxy's pregnant belly.

"OMG! Totoo nga, buntis ka nga! Grabe Roxy, you're huge!"

Roxy clenched her teeth and gave Kenjie a stern look. "Wow, thank you sa pagpoint out na lumaki ako ah."

"Oh no Roxy, I'm not body shaming you ah napansin ko lang." Kenjie explained. "So if Archie's the father, hula ko nabuo yan sa Abyss bar. Then if we do the Math-"

Roxy blushed, then angrily punched Kenjie's arm. "Ano ba? Pwede ba kamustahin mo muna ako?"

"Aww, eto naman pikon agad. Joke lang, namiss ko kayo ni Sky."

Then Kenjie noticed Archie walking out from the room, accompanied by Sia, who seemed to have been spending time with him for a few weeks now based on the ongoing gossip.

"OMG," Kenjie gasped.

"Anong meron?" Roxy asked, puzzled by Kenjie's reaction.

She turned to see what Kenjie was looking at, but he swiftly blocked her view, attempting to conceal Archie's presence with another girl.

"Wala, may nakita lang ako pusa." Kenjie quickly said, giving a weak excuse.

"Anong pusa? Umalis ka nga diyan!" she exclaimed, grabbing Kenjie's collar and pushing him away.

Her expression instantly changed when she spotted Archie with the same girl from the photo. She removed her sunglasses and crossed her arms, a clear sign of her annoyance.

"Yari ka sakin, Archimedes." she thought to herself as she clenched her teeth and raised her eyebrow.

Archie noticed Roxy with Kenjie, his expression brightens up at the sight of her. He hurried over to them, leaving Sia behind.

"Hey, Roxy, you're here!" Archie exclaimed happily, he then notice Roxy's unusual attire.

"What's with your fit? Di ka ba naiinitan?"

Roxy didn't react, she showed her displeasure with raised eyebrow and clenched teeth, without saying a word.

"Hey, Kenjie, what are you doing here?" Archie asked, shifting his attention to Kenjie.