Chapter 7

You came down the stairs an hour later in your favorite fit. You'd kept the button-up shirt on (with all the buttons done) but rolled the sleeves up to your elbows. You had changed into a nicer pair of jeans and added your favorite belt to tie it together. You had taken a shower, done your hair just how you like it and maybe put on a little makeup. Just some subtle touches here and there that made you look nicer than usual.

You saw Dipper waiting for you in the gift shop in a simple red t shirt with a denim vest. It was the first time you had seen him without a flannel and you noticed his left forearm was covered in some sort of tribal tattoo. He was nervously chewing on a pen when he finally noticed you and blushed. "H-Hey." he said, quickly moving the pen behind his back. You smiled and gave him a wave. "I'm ready to go. Where's Mabel?" you asked. His face turned a darker shade of pink and he cleared his throat. "Sh-she had something come up. Some sort of friendmergency? She told me to go without her." he said. You blushed a little, realizing that you would be alone with Dipper. You didn't completely hate the idea, but you cursed Mabel under your breath.

"I see. So, you promised me a ghost tour." you said. Dipper's blush disappeared as he chuckled.

"I didn't think you'd actually be excited about that."

"Are you kidding me? I love supernatural stuff. Even if it isn't real, there's always a good mystery behind every ghost story." you said. Dipper smiled and opened the door. "Follow me and I'll show you the dark side of Gravity Falls." he said. You laughed and followed him out the door. "I would expect nothing less from the great nephew of the original, spectacular, inspirational Man of Mystery." you said.

"Is that what Soos calls him?"

"Every. Single. Time."

You both walked into town, chatting up a storm the entire time. Dipper would stop in some different places and tell you all about his adventures from 6 years before. "Wait wait, hold up. Wendy let a 12 year old boy drive a golf cart out into the woods?"

"Yep."

"Okay, I knew she was laid back but that's another level."

"What? Wouldn't you trust a child who says they need a golf cart to go save his sister from her zombie boyfriend?"

You both laughed. The more he spoke, the more you realized how different his life had been from yours. He made hand gestures the entire time he talked, which you found endearing, but you had to move away a few times so he wouldn't smack you. The two of you walked up and down the small town of Gravity Falls. You went to see the statue of the town founder (who was a fraud, according to Dipper), visited the museum (which was the old headquarters for a Secret Society) and ended up at an abandoned convenience store.

"The old Dusk 2 Dawn. It's been shut down for many years. The owners died of double heart attacks and still haunt the store to this day." he said.

"Yeah? And how do you know this?" you asked.

"They told me."

You looked at him skeptically and he gave you a confident smirk, climbing up the fence and jumping onto the other side like he had done it a hundred times. "Come on. Before it gets dark." he said. Your heart started racing as you followed his example, but not as well. You awkwardly clawed your way to the top before carefully fumbling off of the fence. Dipper caught you on your way down and helped you stand up. "Sorry. I need to stop falling all the time." you said. Dipper smiled. "It's alright. I'm getting used to it." he said with a wink. You blushed as he led you past the glass doors.

"Wait. If this place has been closed for so long, why were the doors unlocked?" you asked.

"Wendy and her friends wanted to get in one night so I found a way to unlock the doors. I didn't lock them when we left." he said.

You took in the sight of the closed store as the lights flickered on. There were snacks and drinks strewn all over the floor and machines fallen on their sides. "So you came here six years ago and you met these ghosts?"

"Yep. They really hate teenagers, so we shouldn't stay too long. I only got away last time because I wasn't technically a teen."

"Wow. I would've never been allowed to do something like this when I was 12." You said. Dipper's eyes lit up. You didn't notice as you perused the supposedly haunted snack aisle. "Really? Why?" he asked.

"I wasn't really allowed to do anything but be a perfect son. Breaking into condemned buildings, haunted or otherwise, wasn't exactly perfect behavior." you said. You saw a rack of hats and sunglasses and you picked up a bright yellow baseball cap. "What do you think, Dipper? Does it suit me?" you asked, placing it on your head and doing an exaggerated pose. Dipper laughed. "You look breathtaking." he said. He had wanted to say that all day, and he finally had an excuse to. You laughed and put the hat back. "Come on. I want to see more haunted houses." you said, linking your arm with Dipper's. He let you drag him out of the convenience store and he helped you over the fence this time. You kept your arms linked as you continued to explore the town that you had never realized was so interesting.

After hearing a few more ghost stories about the Northwest Mansion and the demolished mall, you realized the sun was going down. "Have we really been gone that long?" you asked, checking the time on your phone. Dipper smiled, glad that Mabel had run off into the woods like some sort of wild cave woman. He had learned a little more about you that he had the feeling you would've never said with his chaotic sister around. "Time flies when you're having fun. We should head back." he said. You eventually unlinked your arms as you got closer to the Mystery Shack, but it was harder to do than you thought. The second you did, you started to miss the warmth of his skin against yours.

You both gave each other an awkward good night as you separated to go back to your respective rooms. When you got back to your room, you trailed your fingers along your arm where his warmth lingered. Yeah. You liked him.