the gun

"Any idea what he wants?" Sarah asked, keeping her eyes on the road before them.

Lana shrugged. "A vague one." She replied, not really wanting to go into detail.

She felt the car turning into the Cameron's driveway making her open her eyes and open the passenger door. "Guess I'll see you when I see you." She told Sarah, giving her a smile.

"Guess you will." Sarah said, unlocking the door as they walked their separate ways. Lana walked up the stairs, opening the third door in the hallway to the right.

"Been waiting for you." Rafe said, not looking up from his bed where he was lying and counting money. "Well, I'm here now so what?" Lana asked, not being in the mood for his bullshit.

"I got the gun." Rafe spoke making her freeze at his words. "No one finds out, yes?" She asked, making sure that they both understood the deal.

"Mhm." Rafe muttered, looking up at her from his money stack. "Damn." He whistled, staring her up and down.

"Stop, Rafe we aren't together anymore." Lana B warned him, her closeness to his bed making her feel squeamish after remembering the things that had happened in it.  

"Unfortunately." Rafe said, reaching under his bed for a duffel bag. "To be clear, you don't ask how I found it, pay upfront, and don't show it to anyone." Rafe repeated their deal, leaving out his parts.

"And you don't tell anyone." She added, making him nod. "Deal." He extended one hand, the other being occupied with the gun. "Deal." She repeated, shaking his hand and accepting the gun that he gave her.

"Want any?" He asked, tilting his bottle of beer to her. "At this time?" Lana B asked in fake judgement. "Sure." She added, accepting the bottle from him and taking a long sip.

"I miss you." Rafe whispered, barely loud enough to hear, yet she did. Lana closed her eyes tightly, turning her head away from him. "We were never right for eachother, Rafe. I'm a pogue and you're a kook." She whispered in the same tone as him. "So?" He asked and she recognised the hopeful glint in his eyes. "It's like- in those books that you read! You know? Like forbidden love." He exclaimed making her squeeze her eyes shut harder.

"Bye, Rafe." She said, pushing the gun into her worn out backpack and throwing all the cash on his bed, leaving before he made her do something that she would regret.

"See you when I see you!" She heard Rafe shouting and she cringed when she remembered saying it to Sarah, feeling embarrassed about still copying his habits.

__________________________________

Lana B walked into the chateau, a tired look on her face that warped into confusion when her boyfriend glanced up angrily at her.

"What's up?" She asked in a casual attempt which made her boyfriends brows furrow further.

"What did he want?" JJ asked, raising his brows at his girlfriend who stood in front of him wearing a guilty look. She shook her head.

"Just money from booze 'n shit, you know how it is." She mumbled in lame excuse making JJ stand up angrily. "Why you still getting booze from him?" He asked with a calm voice, despite his demeanour which was telling her that he was the opposite of.

"Look, JJ it has nothing to do with you, I swear." She muttered tiredly, trying to brush past him but getting stopped. "Excuse me?" She asked, "move your ass." She shot him an angry glare while he remained unfaltering.

"Im not worried of it being about me, im worried of it being about you. You two." He exasperated, making her scoff. "He just needed some shit back, mkay?" She added just trying to get him to leave her alone.

"No, not mkay. Tell me what he wanted." JJ pushed her back from leaving, in frustration. "I just did, he left some random stuff here from when we were together." Lana lied, pushing his arms away from her.

"Stop fucking lying." JJ clenched his jaw, still keeping his voice calm.

"You're so worked up." Lana mocked, "so jealous," she paused to run a hand up and down his jaw which was still clenched. "he wanted his blades back. I took them once I found out." She, once again, lied. It was a more extreme lie though, one to make JJ feel compassion and stop questioning her.

"I don't care, stay the fuck away from him, understand?" JJ threatened making her raise a brow. "You don't scare me." She whispered to him, knowing that it would hit a sensitive spot. "If I wanted, I could drive right on back there and get Rafe to fuck me." She leaned closer to her boyfriends ear, "please, Rafe, give it to me." she whimpered, making JJ's hands grab her neck.

"Don't start with.." his voice trailed off when John B walked in, brows furrowing in confusion. "You good?" He directed at Lana, noting the angry look on both of their faces. She nodded, ripping herself out of JJ's grip and walking to her room.

John B raised his brows at his best friend who just rolled his eyes at the floor before walking out.

A/N

sorry for the short chapter