Chapter 5: Jace

Clover sat in the study wing flipping through the royal Aaron Family history books.

it had been a day after Clover had sprained her ankle and found her brother in the old cellar.

she had rushed Princeton up the stairs and locked the cellar doors behind her and told her brother not to tell a soul about what had happened, and what they saw, Princeton reluctantly agreed and continued their day as usual.

Clover couldn't get the image of the writing on the wall out of her head, Clover was both disturbed and curious.

Since Clover was incapable of caring out her chores as a Duchesse due to being injured, she decided to take this time and try to figure out who 'Uncle Jace' was.

If Jace called himself Clover's uncle than he had to of been in the Aaron family history books.

The Aaron history books contained all the information about every person in the Royal family ranging from the founder of the Aaron kingdom, king Franklin Aaron, who Queen Frankie was named after, too Addy who is the youngest in the most updated book.

it was strange, Clover had never heard of Jace, her family has never mentioned him and there were no paintings of him in the hall of the given.

the hall of the given was a grand hall where paintings of members of the royal family who earned their title were held. everyone was born with a title like Princess, Prince, Duke, et cetera, but you were never called that title by the other members of the royal family until you earned it by helping the kingdom or doing something heroic.

Clover continued to flip through the pages of the newest generation book that was added into the collection of history books. Clovers generation book was not yet made a new generation has not yet begun, so this book was about Frankie, Addy, and Mae.

it didn't take long for Clover to find Jace. there was barely any information about him. his section of the book only included a small painted picture of him, his birthday, his death date, and cause of death.

it was very disturbing. in his picture he had almost gray skin, black hair and unnatural crimson eyes. he was dangerously skinny, he almost looked dead, he was very young too.

usually, your picture was painted when you were in your early 20s, but he must have died young, especially since his birth year and death date were only 16 years apart.

but his appearance wasn't the only thing that disturbed Clover. As Jace's cause of death was suicide.

She stared at Jace's picture; she couldn't help but be reminded of the eyes that burned into her as she lost her other senses. Jace's red eyes were identical to the ones that were haunting her.

Clover shut the book deciding she's had enough of being creeped out.

this was a strange situation; spirits could only communicate with spiritualistic people, and Clover was most definitely not a spiritualistic person, and spirits did not have the ability to move or disturb their surroundings, not even vengeful spirits.

it was obvious that Jace was not a spirit, but Clover had confirmed that he was dead so how was it possible for Jace to both make Clover see visions of him and write on walls.

at this point Clovers head was beginning to ache from all the new information and all the questions that were running in her head.

Clover stood up from her chair and wobbled out into the hallway. Clover made her way to Princeton's room that wasn't too far from the study wing.

Clover knocked on Princeton's door.

She heard her brother respond, "come in". his voice was squeaky and sweet.

Clover opened the door and entered Princeton's room. once inside Clover saw her brother sitting on the red carpet covered ground playing with some little wooden figures.

as soon as Princeton saw Clover he immediately smiled, "hi sissy!" he jumped up running to Clover. "Are you done with your studies?" Clover lovingly patted his head "Yup" Clover responded to him.

Clover and Princeton had just finished dinner and were in Clover's room laying on her bed as Clover read Princeton a book.

Clover was wearing a simple gray sleeping dress while her brother wore a light shirt and some simple shorts to sleep.

Princeton was already asleep before Clover had finished reading. Clover had always envied how fast and well her brother was able to sleep but she of course didn't let it bother her.

she patted her sleeping brothers head before blowing out the candlelight. Clover cuddled up to Princeton taking in the warmth and comfort of his little body.

Princeton slept in Clovers room most nights, for two reasons, the first one being Princeton was only eight, so he was too scared to sleep alone, and their mother would never let him sleep in her bed, and second Clover has always been a very lonely person since she was young due to her mother refusing to give her attention, so Clover always took comfort and joy in having someone sleeping next to her, so she never objected to Princeton to sleep in her bed.

It didn't take long for Clover to fall asleep, although it wasn't as fast as Princeton, but Clover could care less.