chapter 6: What the hell!

Clover had just woken up and was nudging Princeton awake "Princeton, get up, we need to go to breakfast". 'he's probably going to be grumpy' Clover thought.

Princeton was always well behaved and extremely sweet, except when it came to waking up. Princeton became stubborn and rude, which was understandable as Clover would get mad as well if she were woken.

As predicted Princeton wouldn't budge and started pushing Clover away.

Clover sighed knowing she wasn't going to be able to get her brother up. Instead, Clover decided to get ready for the day and leave her brother be.

Clover put on a flowy, teal, knee length, dress with long airy sleeves to keep her cool. this time Clover didn't wear gray on her dress, instead she wore gray on her heels and her peacock feather cap.

"I'm going to breakfast Princeton". Princeton grumbled in response. Clover rolled her eyes at him. She loved her brother but sometimes he can be a real pain in the ass.

Clover crutched her way to breakfast deciding she was going to try her best to make it a good day despite knowing her mother was most likely going to nag her about how much she ate, how she dressed, and everything she could shame Clover for, then not know why Clover was upset right after.

pushing that prediction aside Clover walked into the dining hall and sat down next to Amber.

"Good morning, everyone" Clover smiled "Good morning, Clover" Queen Frankie greeted her.

Queen Frankie sat neatly in her seat holding Prince Aiden in her lap. That was very shocking, Frankie never spent time with her son in fact she hated him.

Queen Frankie hated her son, as Frankie had found out she was pregnant with him only a week after her husband King Josphe had died in battle, and it didn't help that Aiden was identical to Josphe.

Aiden had blue almost black hair, light blue eyes, and pale skin just like Josphe. Aiden was three years old and looked up at Frankie like she was a stranger, but in truth Frankie was a stranger, Frankie never called herself his mother.

No body knew how bad Clover wanted to take Aiden away and care for him as her own. To Clover being cousins was close enough for her to raise that poor boy as hers.

"I see Prince Aiden is joining us this morning" Clover commented. "Ah yes, the maids decided they didn't want to deal with him, so they dumped him on me, how rude right?" Frankie complained.

Clover sighed internally putting on a fake smile. "Of course, your highness" Clover fakely agreed.

Frankie hummed in satisfaction.

one of the maids brought over Clover's breakfast that consisted of a bowl of warm porridge, some slices of bread, and a cup of steaming tea. "Enjoy your meal Duchess" the maid said.

Clover thanked the maid and started eating. "Clover, since you are unable to continue your duties as a Duchess for the time being would you like help me prepare for the upcoming ball?" Frankie asked Clover.

hearing this Clover immediately lit up. being invited to plan and help prepare for one of Frankie's balls was the best invitation you could ever get as Frankie's balls only happened twice a year and they were always a big deal, and Frankie usually never let anyone help her with the planning.

"Of course, Frankie I'd love to!" Clover glowed with excitement. "Frankie!" Addy Clover's mother butted in. "how could you let that girl plan one of the biggest events of the year! she doesn't know a thing about planning and she's so clumsy she twisted her ankle!".

Clover glared at her mother, Clover was always considered a family outcast, and this is one of her only chances to get noticed, so how dare her mother try and steal this away from her. What the hell!

"Addy, Clover is more than capable to help me, and what do you mean she doesn't know how to plan events? Clovers whole role as a duchess is to plan and help. For god's sake, she's fourteen, she has plenty planning experience". Frankie deafened Clover.

Addy's face swelled with blood out of anger. She looked like she was going to explode.

"As her mother I demand that she has no part in this!" Addy spat.

"And as the Queen I demand that Clover has every right to help!" Frankie slammed her fist on the table out of anger causing Aiden to start crying.

"Damit! someone come get child off of me!" Frankie screamed.

Addy sat there knowing that there was no way she could win this fight. Instead, Addy stood up and stomped away, slamming the doors behind her.

some maids had grabbed Aiden off of Frankie's lap by the time Addy had left the room.

Frankie turned to Clover "I'm so sorry Clover, I'm sorry you had to witness that."

Clover shook her head "It's fine your Highness, I'm used to my mother being stubborn like this."

Frankie looked at Clover lovingly "oh, you are such a sweetheart Clover, your mother should be happy to have a daughter like you!"

Clover looked at Frankie with caring eyes.

Clover didn't like Frankie because of the way she treated her children and her favoritism, but sometimes she wasn't that bad.

Frankie hated Aiden but she wasn't very fond of Amber either. Frankie always called Amber annoying and childish but it's not like Amber could help it! after all Amber was only eight.

But the thing is Frankie never use to act like that, she was sweet and caring, and she adored Amber. But that all changed when her husband pasted away.

Clover couldn't blame her though. Frankie loved Josphe; they were childhood sweethearts.

Frankie and Josphe met for the first time when they were 7 and instantly became close but their parents had torn them apart before they knew who each other really were; their parents didn't tell Frankie and Josphe that the other was royalty.

But that changed when Frankie was forced to become Queen at fourteen by her older sister Mae; Mae didn't want to become Queen, instead she wanted to join the royal guard, Forcing the responsibility onto her little sister.

Frankie had reunited with Josphe when he was a Prince at her coronation. After finding each other again after so long they never let the other go ever again, they had gotten Married at sixteen and had Amber at twenty. Josphe had died when he was twenty-five while at war. 

So due to how terrible the loss might have been to Frankie, Clover never judged how Frankie acted or how she grieved.

"Clover once you have finished eating, I want you to meet me in the ball room, I want you to meet someone" Frankie said standing up heading for the double door most likely going to the ball room herself.

"Alright your highness, I'll meet you soon" Clover said continuing to eat happily while Amber started conversating with her.