Decisions, Decisions

Layla quickly stood up from the couch just as Marc was leaving the bathroom. "I'm sorry, Marc, I know this is unexpected and unplan—" She was quickly cut off by a strong embrace from her husband. The kind where it felt like he was struggling to breathe and she was his oxygen. With his strong arms around her waist and his nose buried in her shoulder, she couldn't remember the last time someone hugged her like this, making it even more surprising.

"Just know that no matter what you choose to do with the baby, I will still love you and be by your side." Marc whispered in Layla's ear right before Steven took control of the body and gently pulled away from her, taking her hands in his. "Sorry? What in the bloody hell is there to be sorry for? A bit less than a month ago, i was living a miserable life with a miserable job and had no one. And now I have you! You simply standing in front of me is enough, baby or no baby."

"That's literally what I just said", complained Marc. "Is not" "Is to" "Is n—"

"I want to keep it", Layla decided out loud, which snapped Steven and Marc back to the present and put Marc in control. They were now both sitting on the edge of the bed, where Marc/Steven guessed Layla must have led them after the started arguing, their hands still intertwined."You... you do?" Marc asked trying hard to push back the smile that was trying to come forward. Layla signed,"I know our situation isn't exactly ideal, but we can manage. As long as we have each other." Her cheeks turned a slight shade of pink as she said the last sentence.

"There is one thing I want to ask: How do we explain my condition? What role would Steven would be playing in all this, if any?" "Honestly, I think that Steven would be equally as much as a father as you would be. It's only fair." Hearing the word father was enough to push Steven in control, and this time, he didn't even try to hold back his smile. "You mean it? Like truly mean it?", he asked excitedly, still in utter disbelief that this was happening to him, of all people. Layla chuckled and nodded, her curls bouncing on her shoulders.

"Holy shit. I'm going to be a dad. I'm going to be a dad.", Steven said slowly, trying to process it. "Go ahead and scream it to the whole world while you're at it", Layla joked. The body switched over to Marc as he wrapped his arms around Layla, gently lowering her onto the bed and bringing his lips to her ear. "I'm. Going. To. Be. A. Daaaddd!!" He whisper screamed. "Why'd you scream it to me?" Layla asked him, confused.

"Because you are my whole world."

He whispered against her lips as he kissed her, passionately and lovingly at the same time. He let Steven take control as he placed his hand on her belly and stared down at it. "And very soon, little one, you will be too." Layla could've melted right then and there, as Steven wrapped his arm around her waist and rested his head in the crook of her neck, quickly dozing off in no time.

"I can't wait to teach the baby about British stuff, like fish and chips, Buckingham Palace, football..." "I think you mean soccer", Marc commented before Steven could list even more things. "No, it's football, cause you're kicking a ball around with your feet. Get it? FOOT. BALL." explained Steven. "While you're at it, feel free to teach our kid about Quidditch, since you just LOVE to talk about made-up sports." replied Marc. "Oh, piss off." Steven spat. "Language!" yelled Marc. (A/N: yes that was a Steve Rogers reference you're welcome) "I have a child on the way. I can't have them hearing that type of stuff." "WE have a child on the way. Not you. WE." Steven quickly corrected him. "Love you too, Steven." replied Marc, as the two ended their conversation and actually started to fall asleep.