Chase Brody

This chapter is going to be a little dark. You have been warned

(Y/n's pov)

I've been best friends with Chase for years, even before he married Stacey. I've helped him through everything, bad days, hangovers, even his divorce and Stacey taking the kids. Deep down, I've always helped loved him and wanted to be with him but I never wanted to push him to be in a relationship after the divorce. I even took away his gun, hiding it so he can't use it on himself.

Chase comes over to my house a lot for comfort and support, so much so he has his own key. Right now, Chase and I are sitting on the couch in the living room. I'm holding Chase in a hug. Tears stain his cheeks and his breathing is finally going back to normal after having a really bad break down.

I can't help but smile softly, feeling my heart races in my chest. "Don't worry, I'm here, I'm always here for you." I whisper and kiss the top of his head. He stirs a little in his sleep but, thankfully, doesn't wake up.

About half an hour later, Chase slowly opens his eyes and sits up. "Hey sleepy head, how ya feeling?" I ask as he rubs the sleep from his eyes.

"Huh..? Oh, I'm okay." I smile softly, noticing his voice isn't full of sorrow like earlier. He runs a hand through his green and brown hair.

"So, you want dinner soon? We can order-" I'm cut off by Chase's phone ringing. He grabs his phone and looks at the name of who's calling. His eyes widen and he smiles bright.

"It's Stacey! She's actually calling me!" Chase takes his phone and runs into the kitchen to talk to Stacey, leaving me alone on the couch, confused. Stacey never calls Chase so I guess it must be important. Maybe about one of the kids or something, maybe they accidentally left something at his house when they visited him yesterday.

After a few minutes, Chase runs back into the living room, his face bright and full of life and joy; something I always tried to give him.

"Stacey wants me back! She realized she does love me and wants to try again! Isn't that amazing!?" Chase yells in utter excitement. I'm taken aback.

"W-what? She does?" I have a hard time hiding the confusion and shock in my voice and on my face. Chase quickly nods.

"Yes! I'm going over right now!" Chase grabs his hat and runs to the front door.

"B-but Chase-"

"I'll call you later, Y/n!" And just like that, he's out the door. I sit there, shocked, confused and hurt. He didn't even say goodbye. And after everything Stacey did to him, after everything I did for him, he just goes back to her.

Tears roll down my cheeks. There was no question about it, he just immediately left. I don't even feel hungry anymore. I wipe my tears and slowly stand up, heading upstairs to take a shower. After my shower, I go right to bed, hoping it was all just a bad dream.

Time skip

It's been about a month and Chase has been calling and coming over me less and less. It's been crushing me, breaking my heart that my best friend, the person I love, hasn't even come over to my house in weeks. I don't know how much more I can take.

I'm sitting on the floor against the wall in my bedroom. I hold my phone to my ear, hearing the ringing, waiting for Chase to pick up. After six rings, the recording starts to play.

"Hey bro, this is Chase Brody! Leave a message and I'll get back to you when I can!" Beep. I hit the 'end call' button and throw my phone on the floor in front of me.

I pull my knees to my chest and let the tears fall. After everything I've done for him; all the late nights watching over him while he's drunk, all the times I comforted him when he broke down, all the times I made sure he ate food and drank water, all the times I encouraged him to keep going, even taking his gun, and he just forgets about me...

My heart is shattered and I can't stop myself from standing up and walking to my bathroom for the fifth time today. I grab the razor and put it to my wrist. I let out a shaky breath and quickly run the blade across my scarred skin. I wince a little at the pain and watch the blood drip. I do it a few more times.

But it's not enough this time...

With my wrist still bleeding, I go back to my bedroom and quickly write a small note, accidentally getting some blood smeared on the paper. I walk over to the closet and dig through the clothes and shoes until I find what I'm looking for; the box I kept Chase's gun in.

I grab the gun and cock it. I sit against the wall, the note on the floor next to me. I stare at the gun as tears roll down my cheeks and blood drips down my wrist. It's ironic, I took the gun from Chase so he wouldn't end up using it on himself and now here I am, about to use it on myself. I let out an empty chuckle at that thought.

I raise the gun to my head and close my eyes. "Goodbye Chase..." I whisper into the air. I let out a shaky breath and pull the trigger. The sound of the gunshot rings throughout the house for only a few seconds before everything is silent.

(Chase's pov)

I knock on Y/n's door for a third time but there's still no answer. "Y/n? Are you home?That's weird, she's always home at this time." I shrug it off, thinking maybe she's just in the shower or something.

I pull out my spare key and unlock the door. The moment I step inside, I get a horrible feeling but I can't understand why.  I sigh. "Maybe I'm just feeling guilty..I haven't answered many of Y/n's calls in a while..I've just been so excited to be with Stacey and my kids again.." I say to myself.

"Y/n?" I look in the living room and kitchen but I don't see Y/n. "Maybe she is taking a shower." I walk upstairs and walk towards the bathroom but the door is open so she's not taking a shower. "Y/n? Where are you? Y/n?" I try calling out again.

I walk towards her bedroom. The closer I get to her bedroom, the more anxious I feel. But why? I grab the doorknob and turn it, slowly opening the door in case Y/n is asleep. I don't see her on the bed so I step inside.

That was a mistake. Now I understand why I felt so anxious and uneasy.

Slumped against the wall is Y/n's lifeless body. Blood is splattered on the wall behind her and she's holding a gun. No wait...That...That's my gun!

"Y/N!" I rush towards her. Tears stain her ghostly pale cheeks and I notice more blood in a small pool beside her. Upon closer inspection, I notice all the cuts and scars on her wrist. Next to her is a note. With shaky hands and teary eyes, I pick up the note and try to read it. I have to keep wiping my tears to read it. It says:

"I love you Chase. I can't do this anymore, I can't be alone anymore. I'm sorry."

"O-oh God...W-what have I done..?" I can't help but break down in tears. It's my fault, it's all my fault! I stopped answering her calls, I stopped coming over! I left her alone because I was so excited to be with Stacey again, I kinda forgot about everyone else but...I lost my best friend...The only person who kept me from ending it all...But now she's gone...I'm so sorry Y/n, I'm so sorry...