𝒊. warmth

( 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 )

DELILAH CAME TO know of The Beef through one of its chefs— Tina Marrero

She became friends with Tina after she had covered for her groceries when the older woman was short on cash. Ever since then, Tina has become one of her closest friends in the city, the older woman serving as her mother figure.

The sandwich shop was a well-known local spot and a handful of people she's met during work has spoken of it.

The bells chime as Delilah opens the door. It's smaller than she expected. Messier too. There was still visible dirt on the tile; dust and grease on the counter and table- she bites her lips, her hands twitching to clean every crevice of the shop.

(As she truly takes the restaurant, all thoughts like of calling that favor from JJ to replace the god-awful lights or that favor from Ate Banjee to get those brooms- she's getting ahead of herself.)

Her eyes find the hanged pictures on the wall of what she presumed were staff and regulars. Their smiles were contagious and clearly, they love this place. Perhaps she should keep to her

"Hey."

She turns away from the pictures and faces a tall, lanky man. "We ain't open yet sweetheart." Delilah blinks and checks her watch, 7:00 A.M.

Delilah looks back at the hours by the door and winces. God, her first impression she made was to be the worst kind of customer.

Maybe coming right after a rough night shift wasn't the right move.

She clears her throat and gives the man a small smile, "Sorry, I was just wondering if you're hiring. I'll just come back though! I don't want to be on stand in the way as you open- "

"Lily! You actually came!"

"Oh, dear, you look so tired. Did you come in after a shift? Ay dios mio, I told you that you come in during your day off-"