𝒊𝒗. coffee

( 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 )

THE TOURNAMENT WAS A SUCCESS (Disregarding the minor setbacks

THE TOURNAMENT WAS A SUCCESS (Disregarding the minor setbacks. Mainly getting jumped by a bunch of nerds and fighting with Richie again).

Especially with Delilah and Richie running the shit like the marines ("No, sir. For the last time, we cannot give you just meat—— this is a sandwich place." Delilah reiterated nicely, "Look, bucko. This lady here is bein' real nice but 'm not. So, if you ask one more time, I will shoot 'ya. So, order the damn sandwich or leave." The woman smiles, "And you wouldn't want that do you?"). Those two make a terrifying duo together.

The chefs finally started listening to him. Adopting the system that he proposed and followed through his orders, albeit begrudgingly.

As a reward for the success and just fucking listening to him, Carmen let everyone out early.

The kitchen is a dead silent compared to the chaos earlier today. There is only the quiet chattering of Sydney and Marcus in the kitchen; they're talking about pastries while they wait for the brownies that the pastry chef had created. As with every night, he and Delilah are going at tackling another pile of unorganized paperwork. Last time Carmen checked, Jude was furiously typing. Something about an essay about art history.

Marcus knocks on his office door, peeking his head in. "Yo, I made some brownies." Delilah perks up and looks to him, "I think we need a little break, right?" He nods.

The two of them carefully make their way out of the small space. And immediately greeted by the fragrant smell of the brownies.

"Coffee would be bomb, right now." Marcus says, nudging the shorter woman with a wink. Delilah snorts. "Oh, you're a barista?" Sydney says, eyes lit up. The older woman nods, "I work full-time as a barista."

Jude groans loudly, pointing a brownie at her. "Honestly, sis. Put some respect on your own name. Lily works at Nectar. Not just as a barista, she is the head barista," Jude glares at his older sister. Delilah relents, "Well, yes. I am the head barista of Nectar. But all boring stuff really. Y'know, paperwork. Training junior baristas." She pinches Jude's cheek making the younger yelp, "That good enough for you?"