𝒊𝒊𝒊. dough

( 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 )

DELILAH MUMBLES A QUICK 'THANK YOU' and a 'love you' to Jude before ending the call

DELILAH MUMBLES A QUICK 'THANK YOU' and a 'love you' to Jude before ending the call. She sends a message saying 'please hurry!' in all caps lock.

She sees Carmen anxiously tapping his foot in the corner of her eye. She turns to him with a reassuring smile, "Look's like half of your vintage denim collection is safe, Chef."

Carmen breathed a sigh of relief, shoulders relaxing. "My brother is picking the meat up, right now." She tucks a stray strand of hair behind her ear and leans her back to high table, "Uhm, don't worry about the price. I have like a discount, good friends with the butchers there. So, just focus on this for now."

(Something had shifted between them ever since she had made breakfast for him. They became in tune with each other like it only takes a glance and they both just know.

Or as Richie so eloquently described, 'freaky telekinetic bullshit'.

It is what led her to the front of the shop with Carmen hunched over a cooler.)

He gently intertwines his fingers to hers and squeezes her hand, "Thank you." His blue eyes were filled with gratitude, gone was the panic that glazed his eyes. He doesn't let go of her hand and she doesn't speak on it either. She lets him draw shapes in the back of her hand and let the silence envelop them.

This happens a lot too now. Holding each other's hands for comfort like it's a lifeline.

(Delilah doesn't really want to think about what it means. She does it with her younger brother too. But it's different with Carmen. Again, she doesn't really want to think about it.)

The tension between Carmen and the staff has always been palpable but it's especially suffocating today.

He had proposed the idea of hosting the tournament to them five days ago. As expected, it was received with protests. Especially from Richie who claimed that 'those fuckin' incels with zero social skills would be a pain in the ass to serve!'.