𝒊𝒊. breakfast

( 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 )

IT WAS SEVEN YEARS AGO when Delilah started to treat jobs as jobs

IT WAS SEVEN YEARS AGO when Delilah started to treat jobs as jobs. Of course, she still adores the regulars in the cafe she works in; her lovely co-workers, and getting to work with pastries, something she dreamed of doing as a living— perhaps the fire was simply gone.

It was only rekindled recently with the arrival of Jude and finally having someone to come home to.

Delilah didn't expect The Beef to set that spark ablaze. From the crazy stories that Richie pulls out of his ass and how he slowly filled the older brother figure that she desperately craved; messing around with Tina and laughing about the gossip that she hears; imparting knowledge she had accumulated from her work in multiple bakeries to Marcus and watching Carmen fucking Berzatto in his element.

(She is still wrapping her head around the fact that she's working under him, someone she had read articles about. She wonders why the hell he's here in the first place.)

Despite all the love she has for The Beef and the people who work in it, it's clear that it has its flaws: the shop is . . . not clean (According to Richie, it has been the cleanest it has been ever since she came in); there is an unwillingness to change, which is why the changes that Carmen tries to bring is met with hostility.

It is easy to forget amongst the shouting and arguing that there could be warmth between Carmen and the chefs.

Delilah has tried her best to play peacemaker between Carmen and the rest of the chefs. But the extent of what can she do or say is limited by the fact she is still new. Her attempts of peacemaking have been met with "Sweetheart, shouldn't defend a jagoff like Cousin" or "Mija, you just don't understand."

(There is something that looms over the shop and whatever it is slowly consuming everyone in it.)

So, Delilah has taken to cleaning the best she could and she loves the shop enough for her to take on the opening shift. She was more than happy to open up if Richie could take her daughter to school.