Chapter 6: Moving In

*Rachel POV*

A petite young teenage girl waitress bent over our table, reaching and grabbing Dan and my cups, then balancing them on a tray. As she pulled away from the table, she smiled shyly, looking down at the floor, and then back at us, "I hope you enjoyed your time. Have a nice day." She walked off in a hurry.

Dan and I made an eye contact that I recognized to be one of conclusion to our time here. I felt a twinge of sadness as the date was at an end. I got up from my chair, and Dan mirrored my action himself. I circled around the chair and pushed it in to the table. Eye contact was made again and Dan returned with a smile. I followed him to the door.

The rain had cleared up since our walk to the tea shop. Clouds still filled the sky, but the sun shone through a gap, lighting up both the clouds and the puddles on the surface of the street.

"Has the rain stopped since the storm started?" I turned back to Dan as we exited the shop.

"It has, but only briefly," Dan informed me, taking my hand in his.

"Do they know when the storm will clear up for good?"

"Eh, they're predicting sometime tomorrow afternoon, but what do weather people really know?"

"True," I agreed.

There was a brief silence when we were walking when I looked around me at all the reflections of buildings in the puddles. Somehow the reflections looked brighter and more interesting than the buildings themselves.

"I need to call Abby and tell her we're walking back," I reached for my phone. "I don't think she'll be happy. She probably isn't awake yet. You should probably call Phil and let him know as well."

Dan paused and thought, "Okay."

I dialed the flat's number.

"Dooooo. Doooooo. Doooo," the speaker sounded.

Okay, please pick up.

"Doooo. Doooo. Dooo," it rang again.

Come on, dude.

"Doooo. Hello?" The speaker hummed, and then Abby's tired voice spoke.

"Hey, it's me," I said.

"Who is me?" She asked impatiently.

I wanted to slap my face in embarrassment, "Rachel."

"Oh hey. You woke me up."

I swallowed, "As I said I was going to. Anyway, I'm on my way back with Dan. Phil is going to be on his way soon too. So get up. We're going shopping."

"Fine. When are you going to be here?"

"In a few minutes, but I can't see the apartment building yet."

"Mmkay. Thanks. See ya."

The phone beeped. She had hung up.

"I already told you the address," Dan complained into his phone.

"Yeah. Write it down. What do you remember?"

"No, it's not five one one, it's five one two. Jesus."

"I'll see you soon. Bye," he hung up the phone."

"Phil got the directions mixed up?" I asked him.

He turned to me after putting his phone away, "Yep."

"Hope he doesn't get lost."

"You're far too nice."

I smiled and blinked, not knowing what to say.