pt.44

[ Feels Fake ]

As usual, the moment the trio, Doo, Kay, and Han spots him, they dash to his side, sending dust flying as they get close to their topdog. The nearby students were pushed aside, earning some yelps and curses as they're forced to make room for Daniel, who was still grinning, eager to get started on his project.

Daniel pinches his chin as he walks, closing his eyes with a slight, confident smile as he considers what he should be doing.

First and foremost, he should give advise.

But... What advise could he possibly offer to his friends? Life? Daniel couldn't even grasp his own. Relationship? When it comes to that, he's pretty much at the bottom of the barrel. L...love...? Fuck. He only loves his mother. There's no way he can help anyone for this. If they don't shout what they want straight at him, he won't even be able to distinguish between flirting and being affectionate so scratch that. Goddammit! It's like he can't even advise himself!

Maybe he'll settle for something simple to advise on. For example, if they do something wrong or if what they are doing does not look good on them. Basically behavior and appearance. Hmm... but what if he's doing it wrong? What if he accidentally offended his friends and make them sad. Daniel can't have that, that'll ruin him. Wait! Right! He should test it out on these three idiots!

While they walked towards the building, Han, who was preparing to smooth out the creases on Daniel's dark grey trench coat, was stopped in his tracks. Daniel had grabbed his wrist with such speed that the other visibly flinched, going still from surprise.

Fear poured in his stomach as he sweated before looking up to see Daniel's smiling face and it didn't help that this was made even scarier by the shadows that obscured his joyful expression. 'Did I do something wrong?' was his first thought as his throat tightened with panic; he couldn't even breathe at one point. Daniel's palm was nearly fisting over Han's shirt, exacerbating his henchman's anxiety.

When Kay and Doo realised what was happening, they too felt as though their souls had been taken from them. They became as pale as paper and waited in suspense, preparing for Daniel to toss their poor friend onto the school roof or something just for the fun of it.

Just as Han was going to apologise for possibly upsetting his topdog, Daniel's other hand reached for Han's buttons. Instead of an approaching assault, Daniel emphasises gently, "You should wear your uniform properly," puzzling the guys as he quickly buttoned up the upper portion of Han's shirt.

'But I didn't button them on purpose because I wanted to look cool...' With a courteous bow and a small nod of gratitude, Han swallowed the words and accepted whatever Daniel wanted to do to him. He didn't want his topdog to get angry, plus it's the first time he's getting touched by Daniel without it being a fist to his face.

Kay, who was about to arrange his hair as he always did, was also cut short because, immediately after grasping Han, Daniel put his hand to rest on Kay's shoulder, confusing the man.

"Necktie. You forgot to wear one," his weirdly sparkly smile sent shivers down Kay's spine, and he quickly apologised profusely. "You'll look like a delinquent so wear one," the topdog advised, eliciting more nods and apologies.

'But I didn't wear one because I wanted to look like a delinquent!' Kay silently shouted as he drew the edges of his collar closer together. "Sorry sir... I'll have it sorted by tomorrow," he murmured, sweaty and shakily cowering under Daniel's bright gaze. This felt like a warning, and it made him feel nothing less than awful.

'Wow, they're paying attention so well; I must be doing great!' Meanwhile, as his lackeys were sweating their asses off in fright, Daniel was beaming like the sun as he totally misunderstood them. He felt a lot more confident after seeing their submissive reactions; he was little concerned that either of them would point out any mistakes he'd made, but everything ended out alright in the end! Hah! He's awesome! Now, keep the streak going.