𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1

He saw a man with raven hair sitting on the bench in the square. He could recognize that misaligned hair with spikes like a hedgehog. Thick smoke was coming out of his head, he was clearly smoking. That gave him more clues that it was indeed Akazawa Sanzo.

He approached him and gently touched his shoulder, with the intention of making him turn around and reveal her face.

The smoker did exactly that, and showed his drawn face, almost similar to that of a zombie; He had very noticeable cheekbones, his cheeks were sunken, his skin was a sickly white tone, his broken lips were red, and his dark circles were shining. His only attractive feature was his eyes, large, bright golden eyes.

"Late as always, Hagi'."

Hagiwara Mitsuzuka sighed tiredly and rolled his light blue eyes. He settled his butt on the bench and was almost glued to the golden eye.

"I had to run away, my parents hate you and don't let me go out at night. Remember that?" was a rhetorical question, with hints of sarcastic venom in his speech.

"Fuck those old men." He released the last puff of smoke before his nicotine cigarette was completely consumed, leaving only a small orange piece of the cigarette. Without haste, he took out his almost full box of cigarettes and took one for himself, then looked at his companion. "Do you want one?" He offered him a cigarette, but Hagiwara shook his head.

"I don't feel like getting rid of the damn smell with cheap perfume again."

"Well." Closing the topic, he lit the cigarette and brought it to his lips. He muttered something that Hagiwara couldn't decipher and continued laughing like an idiot.

The one with light blue eyes grabbed his backpack and zipped it up, letting the opponent see what was inside. Some bidis, some very tempting Indian cigarettes, but they were to sell. Next to the bidis there is a cartridge of bullets, which sometimes makes one question the protection of Hagiwara's parents over him. All the restrictions on friendships and schedule management were useless if her fucking son was already known by the entire town as the seller of the green one. Even Akazawa doesn't know how his friend can get so much extravagant drugs, but it gives him opportunities to slip him some samples. That's why he loves Hagiwara so much. They were only 13 when they started using. Now that they were almost 16 years old, they were worse, the drug had an effect on their young faces and they look like men of 20, which makes them attractive but disgusting at the same time.

"Are we going to play volleyball?"

Hagiwara suddenly asked, taking out a volleyball from his backpack. Akazawa was thinking about rejecting it, but within seconds he accepted, since he was bored as fuck.

"Which high school will you go to?"

"I don't know, the easiest one... Karasuno."

"Karasuno? That high school is shit, my parents will take me to Shiratorizawa without taking entrance exams."

"Oh, right, rich parents." He spat a stream of saliva onto the sidewalk. "You make me more and more disgusted."

"Yes, yes, I know." He rolled his eyes again, that gesture was already becoming addictive. -The bad thing is that Semi Eita is going. I hate that bastard.

"The guy who broke your brother's septum? I like him."

"You shut up, they have no right to give their opinion in Japan, your mother is from Estonia, you are a disgusting mix of races." He spoke like a viper, just before being hit on the head by Akazawa.

"You talk about my mother like that again and I break my head. Not even a fucking gun is going to save you," he threatened with unbreakable firmness.

Hagiwara just smiled nonchalantly, they continued walking in silence until they saw the small soccer field illuminated by an old spotlight with a dim light. There were no volleyball courts, so they had to imagine an invisible net.

The game started normally, it was just soft passes and blocks without much strength. Just a game between friends. After a few minutes, things intensified and they did not forget to score a goal. When the count was forgotten again, the early morning atmosphere turned the calm silence into a disturbing one. The crickets chirped, a strange owl hummed and the sound of the wind made everything very... uncomfortable but peaceful at the same time.

"Akazawa, they're going to kill you, right?" he asked as if it were a casual question, looking with his typical bored look at the boy.

"If they don't find me, no."

"When I go to Shiratorizawa, I will open the back doors for you and give you some deliveries. " He jumped to another topic, although not very different. "I have already visited that academy and the only place without cameras and preceptors is there. I will give them to you and you will go to the red light district, understood?"

"And what do I get in return? "

"I will give you a stash of shabu."

"Shabu? Where the hell did you get it from? "

"I have my contacts. Do you accept or not?"

"Well..." he tilted his head towards her shoulder and then stood up straight again. "Done deal."

They both shook hands and sealed the deal.

(...)

"Well, first day, first attack of stress and nicotine addiction," he said in an introduction like the narrator of a book about to tell bitter poetry about his life.

A cigarette rested between two fingers, sniffing and sickening the greenish atmosphere.

"Hey! You can't smoke!" shouted an old man who saw in his direction. With such almost cloudy magnification lenses I could obviously see it from meters away.

Akazawa growled like an angry dog and became defensive.

"Fuck you!"

Without further ado, he put his fury aside and, instead of wasting time arguing, he ran like a gazelle escaping a jaguar through the jungle.

I didn't feel like being late, I was already late by two fucking hours. Not to mention the date, he had told his mother that he had attended school for the last two months, a huge lie considering that this was his first day.

He pushed past several students, some blonde and others dark with lively looks. Something that caught his attention, the first time in his life that he didn't see that everyone at school was black with dead looks and tattoos even on their foreheads.

"Hello!" he shouted out to the teacher. He just looked at him strangely, confused whether to complain or let him speak first. "I'm new... Nice to meet you, I'm Sanzo Akazawa." He introduced himself without giving many details, only the important things, which made his presentation very short and not even his teacher thought he was going to give such a tiny speech. After a few seconds of awkward silence, the teacher told him to sit in an empty seat and continued with the class.

"Don't be so late next time, young Sanzo."

"Yes, yes." His disinterest left the Japanese frozen.

Akazawa ended up sitting in front of a boy with orange hair, bright as that of a ripe tangerine. Accustomed to noise, he did not pay attention to the murmurs of the class.

"Look at it! He looks like a criminal like Tanaka-senpai! It's perfect!" the walking tangerine shouted in a whisper towards the ear of a young jet-black man with a sharp look.

"Are you an idiot, Hinata? That guy doesn't even surpass Sugawara-senpai's height! What do you want it for?! "

Hinata's face darkened. Those words penetrated his energetic heart. The heartbeat seemed to fall into a coma when he heard Kageyama say that.

-Don't act offended.

"Bakayama..." he mumbled loudly, with the intention of being heard, which he managed to do, but Kageyama was focused on something else to give him another beating.

"Boke, use your head." He touched his forehead with his index finger, then walked away and pointed with a movement of his irises towards the boy they were talking about. "That guy... he has a you-know-what look."

-"What do I know?" he asked innocently.

-... You are blind?

-What?

-BOKE!- He grabbed his science book and hit his head.