11

The grand ballroom shimmered with opulence as mafiosos from various syndicates gathered for the elusive masquerade party. Dressed in lavish attire, their identities concealed by intricately designed masks, they reveled in the secrecy that draped the event.

Amidst the swirl of elegance, Y/n, The Lioness, moved through the crowd with a regal air. Her mask, an embodiment of mystique, concealed the ferocity that lay beneath. She feigned disinterest in the festivities, her sharp eyes scanning the room as her council members surrounded her.

As she passed by groups engaged in hushed conversations, her sharp eyes and sharp tongue did not miss a beat. She muttered snarky comments under her breath, her words dripping with mockery, "Ah, the grand display of deceit and empty pleasantries. How charming."

Her council members chuckled, sharing amused glances, fully aware of the Lioness's knack for acerbic commentary. Y/n, however, continued her stroll, her mask concealing a smirk as she observed the dance of mafiosos in elaborate disguises.

Her brother, Mark, chuckled, handing her a glass of champagne. "You know how it goes, Y/n. Appearances matter."

Her father, Mr. Kang, joined in, a wry smile playing on his lips. "It's the dance we all partake in. A masquerade beyond the masks we wear."

Y/n's grip tightened on the crystal flute as she took a sip, the bubbling liquid a temporary solace.

The council, knowing her all too well, shared glances laden with understanding. They indulged in the shared irony of attending an event they collectively despised. Yet, they masked their disdain with laughter and camaraderie.

Y/n, The Lioness, felt an unwelcome shiver down her spine as she encountered Mr. Will of the Cyrus gang at the masquerade. Memories of his inappropriate behavior from the last party lingered, an uncomfortable echo in her mind. Despite her disdain, she maintained a façade of composure, acknowledging him with formal words.

"Mr. Will, a pleasure to see you again," she greeted with a cordial nod.

He, however, chose not to adhere to the decorum expected at such events. Leaning in with an insidious grin, he attempted to throw perverted lines, his intentions clear.

"Well, well, if it isn't The Lioness herself. You're looking ravishing tonight. How about we ditch the formality and enjoy the real party?"

Y/n, maintaining a composed façade, replied with a hint of sarcasm, "Mr. Will, our formalities are what keep the peace. Let's not forget the delicate balance we've achieved."

Unfazed, he continued, "Balance, my dear Lioness, is overrated. Why play by the rules when we can indulge in something more... thrilling?"

Ignoring the discomfort he was causing, Mr. Will persisted with his inappropriate remarks, "I must say, the mystery behind that mask only adds to your allure. Care to reveal more than just your face?"

With a forced smile, Y/n responded, "Mr. Will, let's focus on upholding the peace treaty. That's why we're here, after all."

His persistence, however, knew no bounds, as he leaned closer and whispered another suggestive comment. This time, Y/n's retaliation was swift and discreet and cold.

Y/n, her eyes concealing the secrets of her vengeance, smiled graciously after the toast with Mr. Will. As he continued his perverted lines, she nodded politely, "Thank you for the delightful conversation, Mr. Will. Excuse me for a moment; nature calls."

She gracefully excused herself, leaving Mr. Will mid-sentence, his inappropriate remarks hanging in the air. Y/n, with calculated poise, navigated through the crowd toward the washroom, concealing the subtle smirk that played on her lips.