One percentage

Mhok sat at the edge of the bed and smiled when Day said his name. Was it his cologne that gave him away each time?

"You are here..."

"Where else would I be?"

"I do not know... fighting with mum I guess."

Mhok chuckled. "I believe she can be pretty scary." He waited until Day's mum left the room to sneak in. And only after a silent approval from Night he was left alone in the room with Day. "How are you feeling?"

"Maybe a bit too excited," Day admitted. "Back then I... I did not really see the operation as an option. There was simple no hope for me." Mhok squeezed his hand. Day swallowed down the thought that almost slip his lips as well, the fact that it was Mhok who gradually changed his mind about... well about many things.

"It will be fine. I am here. Your family is here. And this hospital is darn good. They have the second largest number of patients who undergo eye surgery in the whole country."

"Ohoooo, Phi, someone did his homework?!"

Mhok was left speechless for a few seconds for being caught red-handed. "I do research things that are important. Would you believe?"

"Hardly," Day smiled.

Mhok's heart melted at seeing his corners go up so flawlessly. "Day... Back at the restaurant. You said you can not wait to see your family again. How about seeing someone for the first time?"

Day could feel the smirk in Mhok's tone and he whispered: "I already saw you too."

"Oh, so you were peeking at me!" Mhok nudged his ribs.

Day twitched at the touch. "How can I not?" 

"Hm?"

"Nothing."

"You mean I am so handsome you could not help it?"

"How can I know whether you are handsome or not? ... What if you have been lying to me all this time and you are in fact..."

"I am what? Ugly? Would you break up with me then?"

Day paused. Looks never played a big role in his relationships, not that he had many of them. What mattered to him was the character and how the person treated him. And Mhok showed him just that, no matter how Mhok looked like Day was in love with his personality, his laugh, his attentiveness and gentleness...

"Day?"

"Uhm?"

"Would you break up with me then?" The tone was serious one, almost gloomy, and Day's heart was suddenly heavy. He wanted to hug Mhok tight and tell him he loves him no matter what.

"If you ever lie to me I will. I would."

"That does not really answer my question... Day." Mhok started to tickle him on the hospital bed. "...tell me the truth... Day..." They laughed together until Day finally got hold of Mhok's hands to stop him from torturing him.

"Okay, I will answer your question." Day chuckled, the tickles still remaining on his body. "Mhok..."

"Hm?"

"You are the most handsome men with 20 or 100 percent of my vision. Nothing can change that here..." He placed one of Mhok's hands on his chest.

 Mhok fell his cheeks going pink. "When did you became so daring?"

Day shuddered. "Maybe it is the drugs they put into the IV."

"Day... I want to let you know that I love you. No matter what will happen tomorrow or the day after or the day after. Nothing will change that. Understand?"

"Why are you so somber all of a sudden? A way to kill the mood, really."

Mhok slowly pulled away the hair on Day's forehead and placed a kiss there. "I just want you to know." He could not possibly tell how terrified he was by Day going under surgery. Mhok borrowed all the books from the library and read countless of articles about the procedure Day might one day undergo. And as much as he wanted Day to see again, Mhok was scared his current state would get worse or he would not make it. There was one percent of a change the operation will be successful. But there was also one percent of change it might be fatal. Only the thought sent Mhok to the bathroom to throw up. He could not do it. He could not live without Day by his side. So he decided to focus on the good one percentage. The one that gave both of them faith of truly seeing each other for the first time.