Chapter 1

∘∙∘∙∘∘𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷: "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜."∘∙∘∙∘∘

∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘

Two figures were seen walking with a few butlers and a royal advisor, "Have the decorations prepared by tonight. This afternoon even." A gruff voice commanded the butlers.

"Yes, Your Majesty." They bowed before some went to do the said task.

"Have the cake prepared and be ready to be sent to the hall." He added before checking the list, "Check the list of invites and give me information of who's going and who's not. And make sure that it is all perfect, there is no room for mistakes on such a day." He finished, handing the list to the royal advisor.

"Yes, Your Majesty." The rest of the butlers bowed, leaving with some maids to get the jobs done in time.

"You shouldn't be too brash on them. They're trying their best to be as fast as they possibly can." A woman spoke to the man who only scoffed, "I have every right to be 'brash'. Our daughter's 18th birthday party is on the line. I won't have anything or anyone ruin such a milestone."

Another man sighed at the statement, "As usual, you're as strict as ever." It was the royal advisor.

"Well, if you think being strict is not a good asset. Then you figure the rest out while we take care of our daughter so she won't know what's going on. And give the information to her brother before he accidentally spills the surprise." His Majesty huffed before walking with the woman. Leaving the Royal Advisor in the dust.

"And there he goes..." The advisor huffed before going to meet with the Prince.

"Your Highness? I'm coming in." He entered the large room to see the young boy training in his room, "You shouldn't be training this early. I gave you a day off."

The prince screamed when seeing the royal advisor, "AAAH! Uncle! Don't scare me like that." The said uncle only chuckled, "It seems that you've been in your world, Lloyd."

The prince who is named Lloyd only pouted, "Next time, at least tap my shoulder or something Uncle Wu." He placed his wooden sword back in its place.

Wu only tapped his head while walking by him, "OW! I didn't mean like that!" Lloyd yelled in protest as he rubbed his head, "You told me to tap your shoulder or something else. I just did as you suggested. But enough with that, we have birthday matters to speak of."

Hearing the word birthday made something click in the blonde's head, "It's my sister's birthday party! I know! Is everything almost ready yet?! How many people are invited?! Is it going to be a surprise?!" Wu only held up his hand so the boy could stop rambling, thankfully he did making the advisor sigh.

"Yes, yes, yes, and yes. We are just preparing the cake at the moment with the decorations in the hall being almost in place." Wu stated, looking through the list, "All we have to do now while waiting is to keep your sister from spoiling her surprise."

Lloyd raised his hand, "Leave it to me! I'll go distract her by taking her to the grand garden. It's a bit farther from the palace. Plus, we go there all the time when she's not busy with palace matters."

Wu gave a nod at that, "Good. Your father and mother are trying their best to keep it a secret by telling her maids and butlers to not answer her questions. But we can't go for long until she figures it out..." Wu sighed, not sure if they could pull it off without the princess knowing.