Chapter 3

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹: "𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚂𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝."

∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘∙∘∘∙∘

The surprise went well as not even (Y/N) suspected a surprise party for her birthday. She expressed gratitude to her family and those she knew and kept close.

"I'm surprised. You even kept it a secret from me," (Y/N) smiled knowingly at her brother who nervously chuckled.

The prince rubbed the back of his neck, "It was not an easy task, sister. I tried my best. You almost got me to spoil the surprise many times before!"

(Y/N) only laughed slightly at his relieved face after being able to speak freely without consequences, "Haha! I can understand that," she held her brother's hand, "Thank you, Lloyd. This was nice!"

Her brother only smiled in return, "Oh, but of course. I'd do anything for my sister. It is what I should be doing as your younger sibling who has been raised by you."

(Y/N) felt touched by his words, "Aw! Lloyd! My baby brother is growing too fast I think I might cry!~" She was seen comically crying as Lloyd tried his best to soothe her.

"But you're already crying!" He flinched when seeing her cry but went to get tissues and wipe her cheeks, "Don't cry now, elder sister. This is your big day! Enjoy it while it lasts!" He grinned at her.

"You're right!" She smiled before hugging her younger brother, "You're the best sibling!"

"No, you are!" He retorted playfully, the two laughed at their antics.

While the two siblings spoke to each other, a woman appeared, bowing to them, "Your Highnesses. A pleasure to meet you," (Y/N) and Lloyd turned to the woman.

"I am Noble Lady Harumi of the Jade Family," She introduced herself.

(Y/N) smiled, "It is nice to meet you, Noble Lady Harumi," she noticed her brother just looking at the woman in front of them.

Lloyd felt like time stopped when he met the eyes of Harumi, he didn't know how but he couldn't speak nor take his eyes off of her.

He was only able to mutter a small 'hello' when his sister nudged his side at how improper he was.

The noble lady only chuckled at his response, "If I may, I bought you a present for your birthday, princess. I hope it is to your liking," Harumi presented a gift that her butler had in his hands.

(Y/N) gasped slightly, "Oh no, you didn't need to. I'm just grateful for many of you giving your time to come here."

"Nonsense, Your Highness. Accept it for my sake," Harumi insisted.

The butler bowed to the princess, gently giving her the gift the noble lady arranged for her, "Thank you very much, I'm sure it's an exquisite gift. Considering your family has been in our kingdom for years," (Y/N) smiled at Harumi who bowed in respect.

"Yes, Your Highness," Harumi turned to Lloyd who straightened up his posture when seeing her stare, "It was a pleasure to meet you, Prince Lloyd and Princess (Y/N). I will take my leave," she bowed with her butler before going somewhere else in the party hall.

When Harumi left, (Y/N) nudged her brother's arm, "You definitely give off obvious hints at people you like," she teased him.

The prince only blushed, covering his face, "Elder sister, I beg of you...Do not probe more into the matter...I think it'll die out of embarrassment...!" His sister only laughed.