𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 | 𝟏

..

                                             Song :Once More to See You | Mitski

••••••••••••

• 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐍𝐄 • 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐗 •

If looks could kill, I'd be deceased.

I lean against the grand railing of the large staircase, forcing my eyes to stay on the blonde woman with narrowed eyes.

My father places a hand on my back, making me flinch out of whatever daze I was in. "Sloane, this is Lindsey." He nudges me forward with the hand pressed to my back. "Your new, soon to be stepmother."

It sounds worse when he actually says it.

I offer a small smile from fathers side. "This is Sloane, my oldest daughter." My nose scrunches at his words.

Your only daughter, asshole.

Lindsey squints her eyes at me for a moment before clear, fake, smile curses her over lined lips. "Oh, dear!" She pulls me into a tight hug, that involves her just putting her hands around me, her forearms never touching mine.

I grimace as her sharp nails poke my back, her hand barley patting my back as if I'm scum. "You are just.. gorgeous." She shakes her head while saying gorgeous, looking like she's trying to find the right word.

I just awkwardly nod as I pull away, looking back at my father with a 'what the fuck' expression. He gives me a warning look, raising his eyebrows as if to say, 'give her a chance'.

Lindsey snaps her fingers, a butler coming right around the corner of the hallway, hands held together in front of him, giving her a curt bow. "Darius, assist Selena to her room." He nods once.

Selena?

I narrow my eyes. "It's Sloane."

She just waves her hand around, hooking her arm in my fathers. "Same difference."

I blink a few times before deciding it's better if I just let it be. What the hell was that?

Darius, takes my arm making me jump in surprise, and he looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "May I assist you to your room Miss?"

I open my mouth to answer, but just nodded. He leads me down the hallway, posture perfect making me slightly jealous. How can someone look so.. full of themselves?

In a good way of course~

We finally make it to a hallway with three doors, two on the left side of the hall, side by side, and then another one on the other wall. Darius goes to the left side of the hall, and pushes a key through the further door.

It makes a small click before the door abruptly opens, Darius waving me inside. I give him a small smile before walking passed him.

My jaw drops open at the sight, holy smokes. The room is lit with a pinkish hue, a queen sized bed with canopy curtains. The bedspread is frilly and white, the pillows a soft shade on pink. The large rug on the floor surrounds a good majority of the room, then there's the closet.