Chapter 3

Sonic's gaze shifts between Tails and Shadow, silently urging Shadow to reveal the truth. "Sonic, I'll explain, but we need Prism energy for you first," Shadow declares with determination.

Sonic shakes his head, expressing concern. "W... What if it sh... shatters a... again..."

Acknowledging Sonic's fear, Shadow replies, "I know, but you need it."

Sonic lets out a strained groan, closing his eyes. Shadow, uneasy with Sonic's discomfort, understands the necessity for rest.

Curiosity fills Tails' eyes as he turns to Shadow. "Who's Nine, Shadow?"

Shadow hesitates briefly, revealing, "Someone... Someone who looks just like you. I'll explain more later." As Rouge returns with Knuckles and Amy, who carries the required components for Tails.

As Tails meticulously assembles the device, Shadow's gaze remains fixed on Sonic, an unspoken hope lingering in his eyes, willing Tails to finish before it's too late.

Knuckles, unable to bear the uncertainty, confronts Shadow. "Shadow, we need to know what's happening with Sonic."

With a resigned sigh, Shadow begins the tale. "In short, Sonic shattered the Prism, creating alternate versions of Green Hill and us. I got trapped in the void, a place between five alternate worlds, and Sonic went through unimaginable challenges."

Knuckles presses for details. "What kind of trouble?"

"In New Yoke, one of the worlds, Eggman ruled, but not just one Eggman—five of them."

"What?!"

"Yeah, and Sonic encountered Nine, an alternate Tails who didn't recognize him. They got into a confrontation, got captured, and Sonic faced a robot version of Amy..."

"I..." Amy is left in shock.

Shadow continues the intricate tale, recounting how Sonic faced tests in alternate worlds, encountered versions of his friends, and navigated through challenges alongside Redel, Rusty, and Knucks. The group's daring escape, the revelation of the Prism shard, and Sonic's realization unfold in the narrative.

"Wow," Amy breathes, captivated by the unfolding saga.

Shadow delves into the Boscage Maze, No Place, and the Ghost Hill, detailing the highs and lows of their journey. He reveals a crucial moment where he and Sonic, despite their differences, fought and eventually collaborated. Tails, still absorbing the information, is visibly shocked.

"Wait, why does Nine have all the shards?" Tails inquires.

"Because he wants a new home, and the Prism's power drove him mad. He manipulated Sonic into giving him his Prism energy, and Sonic fell victim to it repeatedly."

"I... He manipulated Sonic?"

Shadow solemnly nods, unraveling the complexities of Sonic's struggles.

"And after about 2 or 3 hours of relentless fighting against Nine's robots..."

"He creates robots too?" Amy questions.

"Yes, and after a prolonged battle, Nine undergoes a change of heart. He recognizes the broken state of the shatterverse, understanding that it's partly his fault. There's only one way to save it," Shadow explains.

Concern etches Amy's face. "What is it?"

"A sacrifice is necessary, and Sonic..."

"No..."

Shadow solemnly continues, "He gives the Prism his energy, and this is the result..."

Tails, overcome with shock and teary-eyed, realizes the completion of the device. "It's finally done!"

Shadow smiles, appreciating Tails' efforts. "What do I have to do with Sonic?"

"Seat him by the Prism, but Shadow... I'm not sure if it will work."

"It's fine. You did your best." Shadow carefully positions Sonic by the Prism, and as Tails activates the device, Sonic, still unconscious, stirs slightly. A blinding white light envelops them, and after a few intense moments, a groan signals Sonic's return.

He's back to normal, but the Prism continues to pulsate, now a mysterious purple hue. Confusion fills the air as Sonic, seemingly recovered, rushes outside, his expression one of shock.

The landscape has transformed. New Yoke's buildings, the Boscage Maze jungle, and a pirate ship by the beach of No Place all materialize, leaving everyone perplexed.

A/N:

So I have draw a drawing of the new Green Hill with New Yoke and Boscage Maze. No Place isn't there because 1, it's the ocean and 2, I can't draw a boat. It's so bad and I'm okay with you guys making fun of me.