Chapter 8

A/N: Just a warning for you guys. The story is going to be dark for now on. In this chapter, there will be manipulation.

As Sonic groans in pain, a ripple of discomfort courses through his body. His eyes lock onto Tails, a determined glint despite the agony. "Tails... The Prism... If I have this, I can control the energy."

Tails, torn between concern and caution, responds urgently, "Sonic, it is too much for you. It will make you feel insane soon."

Shadow, witnessing Sonic's struggle, steps forward, a stern expression on his face. "Sonic, listen to Tails."

Sonic's gaze shifts from Tails to Shadow, a mixture of determination and frustration in his eyes. "Shads, I can handle it. I need to do this."

Tails, realizing the severity of the situation, directs his attention to Nine and Sails. "Is there any way to get a lot of the energy out of him?"

Nine, furrowing his brow, contemplates the options. "We could try a controlled extraction, but it's risky. Sonic absorbing the Prism's energy wasn't part of the plan."

Sails, sharing the concern, adds, "If we don't act quickly, the energy might overwhelm him."

Shadow, not willing to take chances, steps forward. "Do it. We can't let Sonic bear the burden of all that power."

Sonic's anguish reaches a crescendo as he suddenly screams, "No!" The room falls into stunned silence, everyone turning to look at him, their faces reflecting a mixture of concern and helplessness.

Knuckles, his gaze fixed on Sonic, steps forward. "Sonic, we..."

But before Knuckles can finish, Sonic's eyes flare with an intense light, mirroring the vibrant hues of the absorbed Prism energy. He exhibits an erratic behavior, reminiscent of moments when he harnessed the Prism's power.

Nine, fear gripping him, stammers, "This is bad. He's losing control."

Without warning, Sonic bolts out of the room, a blur of speed that catches everyone off guard. Attempts to stop him prove futile, as he maneuvers through the space with such velocity that no one can intervene in time.

Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, and the others exchange concerned glances, realizing the gravity of the situation. Shadow grits his teeth. "We need to find him before he does something he'll regret."

The urgency of their mission intensifies as they rush to locate Sonic, uncertain of the consequences of his unbridled connection with the Prism's energy.

                                       ______________________

Shadow dashes through the Boscage Maze, his determined strides carrying him deeper into the labyrinthine foliage. As he navigates the intricate paths, he stumbles upon an unexpected gathering. Amy, alongside Rusty and Black Rose, engages in a conversation with the Scavengers – Prim, Gnarly and Hangry. 

Breathless, Shadow interrupts, urgency etched on his face. "Amy, have you seen Sonic?!"

Amy, turning towards Shadow, senses the gravity of the situation. "Shadow, what's wrong? Sonic is in trouble?"

Shadow nods, his gaze scanning the surroundings for any sign of Sonic. "He absorbed too much Prism energy, and now he's losing control. We need to find him before something happens."

The counterparts exchange concerned glances, realizing the severity of the situation. Rusty speaks up, "We'll help you look for him. The Scavengers know this maze better than anyone."

Prim nods in agreement. "We've got it."

With newfound determination, the group, a unique alliance of Sonic's friends and their counterparts, sets out into the depths of the Boscage Maze.