Chapter 6

Struggling to move Sonic, Tails and Nine exchange worried glances.

"Where's the Prism?" Nine asks, prompting Tails to turn towards him, fear evident in his eyes.

"Hidden away," Tails responds, but his words trail off as he hears rustling nearby. Two foxes emerge – Mangey and Sails.

"Sonic!" Sails exclaims, rushing towards them with Mangey in tow. Mangey leans in, whimpering, and Nine breathes a sigh of relief.

"Mangey, Sails."

Tails gazes at the unexpected helpers, momentarily puzzled.

"Nine, we need to move!" he urges, turning to Nine with a sense of urgency.

Sails directs his attention to Tails. "Tails, right?"

"Yes?"

"What's going on? What's wrong with Sonic?"

"Sonic needs Prism energy. Nine and I are trying to get him to the Paradox Prism."

"Mind if we help?" Sails asks, grabbing Sonic's foot. Mangey does the same with the other.

"Yes!"

"Come on." They start moving, unaware of someone silently observing their efforts.

They reach the Paradox Prism, and to their surprise, Shadow is there, looking at Sonic with a mix of shock and concern. He rushes up to them, taking Sonic out of the foxes' arms.

"Tails, what's going on?"

"He didn't have enough Prism energy. Nine is going to help me build something else to get more energy," Tails explains, and Shadow nods.

"Go. Get the things, build as fast as you can, and... please make it on time," Shadow instructs as Tails nods, quickly leaving with Nine and Sails.

Mangey stays with Shadow, who sits down by the Prism. Mangey lays his head on Sonic's lap, whimpering sad.

                                      __________________________

Knuckles remains with Redel and Knucks, a curious expression on his face. "Tell me more about this Ravens and why was he 'Program Shadow' before."

"We don't know the whole story, but..."

Rebel takes a deep breath before sharing details with Knuckles. "Ravens, or rather Program Shadow, was once a war child. He had a connection to the Chaos Council base, serving a purpose we are yet to fully understand."

Knuckles furrows his brow. "War child? What does that mean?"

"It means he was part of some experiments or programs related to conflicts and warfare. The specifics are murky," Redel elaborates.

"When did you guys find out about him?" Knuckles inquires.

Knucks responds, "After Sonic went to Green Hill. That's when we started piecing things together. Ravens had been operating in the shadows, and it wasn't until Sonic's departure that we became aware of his connection to the Chaos Council and his previous identity as Program Shadow."

Knuckles nods, absorbing the information. "And is there someone who likes Sonic? If there's a counterpart for Shadow, Sonic should have one too."

"Phantom... He... Somehow I forgot about him. He was my best friend," Knucks reveals, a hint of nostalgia in his voice. The realization dawns on Knuckles that Sonic, like Shadow, might have his own counterpart who shares a connection beyond what meets the eye.

                                        ____________________

Back with Shadow, he anxiously watches as Sonic slowly opens his eyes and groans, Mangey attentively observing. Shadow, concerned, gazes outside.

"Come on, Tails," he mutters, the urgency evident in his tone, hoping that Tails and the others are making progress in obtaining the necessary energy to save Sonic.