Chapter 2: Delilah

Taylor can drive my ass. She hit the curb four times, ran 2 red lights because no one else was there and was over the speed limit the entire time. I need to get a license.

We arrive at the  at the party and god i knew i made a mistake coming here. The front of the house was filled with teenagers who i barely recognised, they all had cups in their hands which im sure have alcohol in them. How am i going to survive?

I could see Ariana looking for Billy even though she tried to hide it. "You're gonna break your neck twisting it like that." I look to Ariana and giggle. "Shut up." She chuckles "I just want to see him." I give her a sympathetic look.

I always knew they would get together: Ariana and Billy. It may have took a while but im happy for them. I wonder if I'll ever feel the way she does about billy or if anyone will feel the way for me Billy does for her. Stop thinking about that right now, help Ariana find Billy.

Taylor split off from us when we got here, she's probably off with her best friend Beth getting drunk or dancing.

Despite Ariana and Taylor being twins, they are almost the complete opposite of one another. While Ariana likes makeup and clothes, Taylor likes video games and skateboarding.

I met Ariana in year three when the teacher seen her sitting alone during class and we had to partner up with someone for a project. Taylor was off sick that day so me being the quiet one with no friends was paired with Ariana. She did practically all the talking and after that day we became best friends. When Taylor came back to school she was weary at first but eventually warmed up to me after a couple days.

Me and Ariana hear a group of guys cheering round the back of the house in the garden so we head towards the noise and of course, the entire hockey team was there.

"Oh my God i see Billy!" She smiles wide "C'mon Del let's go!" She grabs my hand and drags me outside. Ariana pushes past the crowd of boys till we're face to face with a bonfire. "Fucking hell Ariana! We almost ran into that!" I point at the fire but she takes no notice of my concern and runs over to Billy instead. I take a slow walk towards her again.

Billy picks Ariana up like she was made of gold and spins her around. "I missed you so much baby." Ariana says while holding on to him for dear life. "I missed you so much more Ari, fuck there's no words" Billy replies.

I stand behind them awkwardly. This is going to be a long night. I look around at the team and see that everyone has a girl under their arm. Some even have two girls instead.

One guy with a buzz cut locks eyes with me and smirks. I feel slightly uncomfortable but I attempt to not show the emotion.

Billy finally puts Ariana down and she remembers I'm there. "Oh right i forgot to introduce you to everyone! My bad." She puts her hands in my shoulders and pushes me forward slightly. "Ok everyone this is Delilah, please make her feel welcome. Don't feel offended if she doesn't talk to you, she doesn't really talk to anyone." I shoot her a death glare when everyone stares and says nothing. I whisper "Guess everyone loves my new kid in school welcome." She chuckles and fired back to her conversation with billy.

We all sit in on the grass and for a while, i was enjoying myself. I thought this party would be all alcohol and drugs or people forcing you to dance but out here it's... different. Everyone is just talking. Its nice.

A little while later the guy with the buzz comes to sit with me. "I don't think i know you, im Terrance." He hands me a beer bottle but i don't open it, instead i just sit it next to me. I shift slightly but try to be polite "Im Delilah," he chuckles "Yeah i know, your blonde friend over there told everyone, remember?" I cringe at the memory "Ah, right, yeah I remember." I look down and play with my hands trying to hint to Terrance that Im not interested but i he doesn't leave. "You go to the same school as me right?" He asks "Yep" another dry reply but he tries again "I don't think I've seen you around before, you must be real quiet then." I don't really know how to respond so i don't say anything. He smirks "Don't worry, i like the quiet ones."