Rainfall Blues

September 23, 2035.

A flickering lightbulb was hanging from the top of the quite high ceiling, and... water was dripping from the same old damp ceiling. On top of that, it was quite cold due to the rain outside. The rain was almost a nightmare today, it was unreasonably cold and stormy. The girl in a tracksuit jacket and a pair of black leggings slid the piece of ripped paper from her pocket. She unwrapped the folded-up piece of paper and checked the number written on it.

"4B"

She looked up at the sign next to the door. Yeah, the sign was matching with the paper. This must be the place.

Knock knock knock.

After a while, the airlock slid sideways as a large, bald man stood there, rubbing his right eye.

She was smiling. "Did any of you order some fucking noodles?" The girl calmly asked while glaring at the man.

He paused a few seconds to recognize this familiar face from before. Oh dear lord... it was HER!

He quickly tried to shut the door, but the girl caught the man's wrist and pulled it towards herself so his arm was stuck between the airlock and him. While the man was growling in pain, the girl sent a strong and fast kick to the guy's liver as the airlock automatically opened again. He got sent back and eventually hit the ground with a painful groan. Without wasting a second, she ran inside and was greeted by a volley of gunshots coming in her direction. She instantly dove behind the counter to seek cover. Just then an alert was sent to her brain as she felt a sharp pain on her shoulder-- she was shot from her shoulder and it was bleeding! Bullets flew past her head as she landed on the ground and kept covering her head from the bullets with her hand. With the desire to defend herself against the gunman, she began rummaging through the drawers to find something to toss-- A grater, seriously? Whatever she could find was a possible weapon to use against these people. But instead, with a pleasant surprise, the man popped up from behind and pointed the gun at her. She saw this and immediately rolled aside before throwing the grater at his head. "OW!"

Four more shots blew after her as she rounded around the counter. Her evasive maneuvers managed her to spot the presence of a salt shaker in the corner of her eye. Once she was ducked into cover, she grabbed and threw the shaker into the man's head in a swift and singular throw. However, the man was too quick to duck down and caused the glass splinters to get tossed around the area as the shaker hit the wall. He utilizes this opportunity to get closer to the girl and point the cold barrel right between her eyes. Her eyes caught a glimpse of the barrel last second when it was right in front of her face.

Click. The gun didn't go off.

Bingo! She widened her eyes and quickly pushed the gun aside to blow a punch at his nose. The man screamed as he was sent over to the sofa, rolling over the sofa and falling to the ground. And then, the large man ran up to the girl and blew a punch right into her face. POW! She whimpered in pain as she collapsed on the floor after hitting the wall. The buff man grinned at this with a grumble and got down on his knees. He grabbed the back of her head and slammed her forehead into the ground twice.

A faint groan is heard from the girl.

Quickly, the guy pulled the girl closer and wrapped his right arm around her throat to strangle her. She grunted yet again as her breaths were restricted, and began struggling to break free from the guy's grasp. "...Which son of a bitch sent you, huh?!" He growled right behind her ear as he kept her tight under his grasp.