Guardian Angel

September 26, 2035.

A beautiful sunset is on the horizon as the day slowly rises. The orange sun is shining right into the heart of this city through the silhouettes of skyscrapers and distant cargo ships. A new day is a new beginning for some, while a new day is the end for some. What matters in this end or beginning is not what we did in the past. It's what we are going to do from now on. The siren sounds resonated around the block as they drove past Haruki's warehouse compound at the city harbor. The day wasn't fully on yet, so the red and blue lights were illuminating anywhere they went past at a rapid speed. An all-points-bulletin was set for a black Toyoaki Veloce-- the one, which has 20 kilograms of cocaine in the trunk, which is also the one Ninq is driving at the same time. She turned the engine off after releasing a sigh and stepped out of the car to take a look at her bleeding arm. Didn't seem like a serious injury at all, just a small graze.

After patching the graze up, her nervous state persuaded her to smoke a cigarette to relieve her mind as she did a damage check on the car. The front bumper and bonnet were deformed, sealed beams were broken and there were scratches everywhere. Not to mention the bulletholes on the glasses and the body. It was one hell of a morning for her. She was shakingly walking back and forth around the wrecked-up car, mumbling to herself about this ugly move that Haruki pulled. She wasn't gonna tolerate this one at all. She wasn't. She was gonna make him pay for it. After one cop of drag from her already lit cigarette, Nina entered her phone contacts. Jizzy, Markie, Haijimeru... Finding Haruki between all these names would get quite difficult from time to time, especially when she's scrolling with a shaky thumb. Finally, she managed to find his name and swept the name aside to start a phone call. Despite being physically relieved, she was boiling with anger deep down inside of herself. Her senses did not fool her this time. She knew that Haruki was gonna fuck her over this time.

Finally, Haruki's secretary picked up.

After a couple of paper and plastic object rustling sounds, the secretary spoke, "Name, and reason." The same monotonous male voice asked her. With the calmest attitude she could ever equip, Nina responded. "Nina. Gig's done. Need Haruki on the line." The secretary clears his throat, and responds to Nina."Haruki is not in his office for the time being. Is there anything else you'd like?" Her calm tone began getting deeper and deeper from all the complicated offensive thoughts going around inside her head after hearing this. "Quit bullshitting, man."

After hearing the angry tone coming from the other end of the line, the secretary sighed with commitment. "I'm... not... bullshitting you, madam. He's not in his office." She copped a drag from the stick and puffed the smoke out. After an inhale, "I could simply just call his cell phone. Been saving the number for a rainy day." Nina grinned behind the phone. "Despite these magnificent clouds smiling over me, today's quite rainy..."

Something came into the secretary's mind which made him change his stand in front of Nina. However, this was not going to change the truth about the answer. "He left his office hours ago. I'm charged with taking care of stuff for now." The secretary said, adding; "If you have to talk to him in person, you can call him personally. I doubt he would pick up right now."

The final drag was copped from the cancer stick before getting tossed down to the depths of Tokyo's harbor. The furious girl cleared her throat and responded to the secretary. "Good. He'll pick up." It was after then that she hung up and dialed Haruki's cell phone. She did not care about the time, she couldn't care less at this state. She wanted revenge on him. After a while of ringing, Haruki picked up with a sleepy tone. "...Nina." He said. "How the fuck did you get my number?"

The angry attitude from a few minutes ago had doubled, having itself replaced with an even more serious and pissed-off one.

"Car's safe."