The collector

Y/n's POV:

"Uhh. Bye!" I spun around and walked the other way.
"Wait y/n-" He began but I had already casted a spell circle and fallen into it.

I had teleported to my bedroom, in the emperor's coven. I laid down on my bed.
Wow that was awkward.
I agree. Very awkward. A soft, staticky, high pitched voice echoed through my head. It was a child's voice and I instantly recognised it.

The collector.

'Oh! Hello Collie :)'
Hiii!
'I haven't talked to you in a while. Have you been busy?'
No, not really. I just like watching people and what they do everyday.
'Ooh, who have you been watching?'
Uhh, just some humans in the human realm.
'Wow, cool!'

If you could do anything in the multiverse right now, what would it be?
'I-I'd... I would...'
I stopped and thought for a while. I hadn't ever thought about it before.
'I think I would sit here, on the bed, with you and Hunter, talking about the most random shi- shtuff ever, with no worries in the world.'

Oh... wow. That's actually really cool.
'What about you Collie? What would you do?'
Hmm. I think I would play tag with the Titans!... and you.
'Maybe we could one day. One day in the future.'
That sounds nice.

Then it was silent. I stayed staring at the ceiling, before deciding to read. Not just to read, but to read to the collector.
Who was definitely real.
And not some made up voice.
In my head!
That no one else could hear or see...
Yay!
I'm totally sane everyone.

I grabbed my childhood book. And traced my finger over the cover. It dipped in all the scratches made by time. And went over the bumps from the letters or bits of something that wouldn't come off.
The feeling of the book in my arms was comforting. Like an embrace from an old friend.
There had been so many different memories with this book. Some of them good and others...
Well...
But the good times far outweigh the bad and-

Ugh! For the love of Titan, please stop inner monologuing! It's not very inner for me and I can hear it!!

I laughed to myself before sitting on my bed.
'Alright, Collector-'
Can you read it... aloud?
Of course!

"You ready?"
Yeah!!!
"Ok! So..."

Hunter's POV:

Uhm. What the fuck. Was that?
Y/n telling me they 'wanted to be cute with me'? Uh what??!! And then, y/n just leaving! What?

I huffed and looked ahead of me.
A tree.
Aw, Titan.
I desperately tried to turn my staff around but I was going too fast.
I slammed into the tree, and fell to the floor.
Owch.

I scanned my body. Ok, no blood. Good.
Instead of using my flying the rest of the way, I just teleported into the doors of the palace. I quickly changed my appearance with my staff and stood up straight.

I wonder when I'll be able to talk to y/n again.
The mission! Ok. Cool.
I'll ask them about it on the way there.

Y/n's POV:

"...the end." Whilst talking, Pebs had climbed up onto my shoulder and snuggled into my neck.
"Aww Pebs, you're too cute." As I raised my hand to stroke him, but then I saw the time on my watch.
"FIVE TO ELEVEN. OH NO, NO, NO. I'M NOT BEING LATE AGAIN."

I quickly got dressed.
Hey n/n, I-
'Can't talk now Collie. Maybe we could chat tomorrow?'
Sure!

I smiled and drew a spell circle that opened up a portal looking thing. I crossed my arms and fell backwards through it.
I always feel so badass doing that.

I re-emerged on the ship floating above Hexide.
Right behind Hunter.
Shit, I forgot he was going to be there.
I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder.
"Hi."
"Oh! Y/n, hello." He turned round to face me. It was just then that I realised how close we were.
Like an inch away from each other. I went bright red. And stepped next by his side, next to the steering wheel.

"Y/n I wanted to talk to you about earlier." He glanced sideways at me.
"..."
"Y/n, I-"
"HI-YA!" He was cut off by LUZ? Slapping glyphs on our backs.
"Huh?" Hunter and I said at the same time. Then we got blasted off the ship. We both screamed but he grabbed my hand and teleported us back to the ship with his staff.

"Huh, He'll be fine. Ok, how do I land this thing. Uh." She mumbled to herself.
"Oh, you just pull that cord above your head." Hunter said.
"Thank you-eh."
She looked up and saw Hunter lying on the dashboard. And me sitting next to him.

"Hii." He pointed his staff at her and used a spell that tied her up with ropes.
"Wha-hey!"
"Good to see you too human." I say before realising that Luz might recognise it.

"Why are you two stealing palismen?" Luz asked with ✨sass✨.
"Emperor's orders." I replied disguising my voice.
"Frankly," Hunter teleported over to Luz, "You should be more concerned about yourself."
I continued what Hunter was saying, "For the crime of rocketing the Golden Guard off his own ship, you'll be locked in the dingiest cell in the Conformatorium, for the rest of your sad little life."

Luz scoffed, "I already broke out of there like, twice."
"Then we'll just zap you to dust and throw you into the sea." He shrugged. Luz whined and grumbled in response.
"Good." He stated.

Hunter returned to steering the airship and I walked up next to him.
"Say, how did you get back in the ship so fast?"
"Staff." Hunter replied.
"Cool."

Luz activated an ice glyph, and it sent Hunter's staff flying off the airship.
"No!"
Luz chuckled and smirked.
"It'll take more than that to thwart our mission."

Suddenly a hand dragon landed on the airship and roared.
"What is that?"
"I-" I began before the dragon ripped the airship's balloon, causing all three of us to fall from the sky. We all screamed as the airship crashed.

Everything went black.

I started regaining consciousness and realised my mask is broken; snapped in half. Oh no. Oh no. Oh holy Titan.
I stood up to look for Hunter. I found Luz standing over him her hand on his mouth. His mask was off as well. I continued stumbling closer.
"Ugh, are you licking my hand? I'm trying to help you!" Luz raised her voice.
"Why... I... ou..." My vision went blurry and I moved my hand to my head. My hand felt wet. When I looked at it, it was red. Then I passed out.