11

𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙚
𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙡𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨.

"HOW DID YOU-" I gasp, "when- what?" I stammer, in utter disbelief from what I was seeing.

Because in-front of me stood a ten-foot tube with an equally as large avatar inside. I jumped back into reality, allowing myself to regain my footing. I walked toward it.

In the blue-bubbling water, the avatar twitched. It was female, it's eyes closed and it's hair flowing around it's head. It looked a little older than I was, but relatively around my age, disregarding how Na'vi age worked.

It held some of my features—like my nose, my eyes and my my jaw, but everything else was different. It looked so much like me, yet felt off. Familiar, but unfamiliar at the same time.

"This was your mothers avatar," Max says.

Ah. That explains it.

...Wait.

"My.. mothers?" I say with furrowed brows, "but how-"

"Before you were born," Max begins, "your mother requested an Avatar. See, she was like us—scientists, hoping to explore the world of Pandora as close as possible. But, she.. she passed before she could see it."

Max pats the glass, "I think she would've wanted you to have this."

"Wait, wait—" I close my eyes. Everything was too overwhelming. My mother was a scientist, here on Pandora. She had an avatar in the making, but passed away before it was finished.

And now, I owned that avatar.

I had an avatar.

"So.. I can link to this? I can go outside?" I ask, my eyes never leaving the blue-beings face.

"Since you and your mother share the same DNA.." he pauses, "yes. Yes you can."
.
.
.
a/n: okay i know this is crazy short but i wanted to feed you and your guys's curiosity about the chapter. i'm sure lots of you knew.. the comments says it all. please bare with me as i am on vacation!

lots of love, scotia.