13

𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣' 𝙤𝙣,
𝙞𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜.

I GASP AWAKE.

I'm not sure what that dream meant. It could be my mind just creating scenarios that have nothing to do with me—that happens a lot.

But something about this felt different. That woman, I recognized her, but not in a way you recognize someone by their face, or their voice. She simply felt.. familiar. Like a lost memory slowly coming back to me.

She reminded my of myself, in a way.

I turn my head toward my clock. It read in big, red numbers that it was six in the morning.

I groan. My whole body feels tired, my eyes barely open, but the chills through my spine after that dream was enough to make me want to stay awake.

I push the sheets off of my body, the sound of my feet pattering on the wood floor as I made my way to my bathroom. I slide the door closed behind me, leaning against my sink and inhaling a deep breath.

Something hit me again. Nearing the end of my dream, the woman said something.

"I have one request," her voice echoes, "name her Esmeray."

What did that mean?

It had to be a coincidence. I mean, for all I know, that dream wasn't even on Pandora. It could have been on Earth.

But still.. I felt frightened. Who was that woman and that baby? Why did she say my name?

The woman mentioned that the child was special. Whatever that meant..

Another thing stuck with me.

Don't let her outside. She can't know what she is—not until it's time.

Time? Time for what?

Everything was aligning with my life, and that scared me. How could this be a coincidence?

Okay. I'll lay out all the things connected to me.

1. My name. She said to name her child Esmeray— that is was her one request; her dying wish.

2. I wasn't supposed to go outside. That child was supposed to be barred from it, as well.

3. The woman mentioned that the child was special. From Max's words, he said I was dangerous, and that he couldn't explain it. Close enough.

I splash water on my face. No, I'm just imagining things. How could I even dream about my past, and when I was a baby, nonetheless?

"On her sixteenth birthday, tell her. Tell her everything."

My sixteenth birthday is a year away. I guess I'll figure out then, if that really was me.

Then.. would that make that woman my mother? No, that doesn't feel right. My mother is supposed to resent me.

That women sacrificed herself for her child—told them to save her baby, not her. I was told my mother died instantly, not gradually and by herself.

It couldn't be her.

I refuse it.

I slid the bathroom door closed behind me. Sitting on my bed, I huff. It was still pretty early, and I had nothing to do.

I brush my hair out of my face, gnawing on my reddened bottom lip.

Maybe it was me. Maybe that woman is my mother—maybe Eywa was trying to send me a message through my dreams.