1

In all of his 26 years of living, Hongjoong had never really been one to get his hopes up.

If his friends had to describe him, all that would come to their minds was probably one word.

Pessimist.

But he always protested.

He was a realist, wasn't he?

All he thought about were the consequences of his actions, what could go wrong and what should go right.

And of course he would be slightly pessimistic when it came to love.

Because everything could go wrong if someone found out.

Everything could go to hell and he would end up hated and left out.

Because if his parents already reacted the way they did after he told them, why would his friends react any differently?

But they've known each other for years now, they probably already noticed the fondness in his eyes when he looked at the one he fell in love with.

The small smile whenever the other did anything silly.

And his stiffness when they were closer than they should've been.

But he couldn't help it.

He had fallen endlessly for those big, round eyes that looked at him as if he hung the stars.

The lean figure with defined abs he got to see probably too many times for his own good.

The delicate fingers that grazed his in an innocent way sometimes, unaware of the goosebumps that spread all over Hongjoong's body at the contact.

The deep yet soft voice that brought him relaxation like a lullaby.

And those soft yet still sharp features that made him question if there was even a god above when someone this god-like had been right in front of him for years.

Sometimes, Hongjoong would catch the other staring at him, feeling his chest ache at the fondness that met his own stare.

And sometimes, it felt like flirting when they talked.

But that was his imagination.

Park Seonghwa wouldn't flirt, especially not with him or any other man for that instance.

And so, Hongjoong swallowed his feelings and buried them deep within his heart to not accidentally blurt them out and ruin everything.

He had been doing well.

They hadn't met up in weeks now, everyone was buried in work.

And he busied himself with everything that helped him get his mind off of Seonghwa.

But just as he thought he might be over him, he found the whole group inside Wooyoung's apartment, ready to hang out and play some videogames.

Their chattering could probably be heard by Wooyoung's neighbors, but they never cared.

They hadn't seen each other in weeks and this had been the longest they didn't meet up in forever.

But Hongjoong didn't register anything that had been said in the first minutes of meeting the others.

His gaze was drawn to that perfectly shaped nose that scrunched cutely as the sound of sweet laughter filled the room.

To the long lashes that decorated the most beautiful eyes he had ever laid his gaze on and that shone brightly when he looked at everyone.

To the perfectly sharp jawline that was hugged softly by his longer black hair.

To the way his Adam's apple bobbed when he laughed.