2

This chapter will contain mature content. If you're uncomfortable with that, you can still read the most part of this chapter. I added a warning before and right after it to make sure that you don't miss any of the important details in the story even if you don't read the mature part. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter nonetheless! :)

Hongjoong had never been confident in his skin and ever since he realized his feelings for Seonghwa, his self-conscious feelings grew bigger and bigger.

He never felt attracted to anyone, male or female.

His only interest lay in his music.

Well, now that he had a job, his hobby had to be put in second but when he was still in highschool - where he had met his whole friend group - he was almost always in the music room, playing the piano or the electric guitar, taking a notebook and a pen with him to write new songs.

He had found his first love in making music and creating tunes and lyrics to either shatter hearts or feel powerful.

It was Friday night, 10p.m., when his hands glided over the black and white keys on his newly bought piano that stood in the middle of his apartment.

The sound filled the cold and lonely space that was only equipped with few furniture.

He was minimalistic, you could say.

His grey, soft couch stood inside his living room - just like the piano - a small coffee table in front and a TV on the opposite wall of it.

On the left side of it, he sat at the piano, playing mindlessly.

The door on its left led to his bedroom where only his queen sized bed, a nightstand, a closet and a small dresser stood.

The room next to it was what he called his 'office slash studio' where he worked at his desk or tried to record new songs. One of two desks was equipped with a computer, next to it a mixing table, a handy microphone and his laptop full of old and newly made music.

On the opposite side of his office/studio, a door led to his small kitchen and eating area.

As his fingers pressed each key to smoothly connect with the next one, his brain wandered again.

All of the times his parents looked at two women or two men holding hands in public with disgust or his mom showing him a video on Instagram with a person who talked openly about their sexuality or gender identity with obvious distaste in her facial features were playing on repeat in his mind.

The memories of their reaction when they asked their son if he liked men reappeared and his stomach turned, his fists hitting the keys to fill the room with the abrupt sound of ten piano keys at once.

Had his struggle always been this obvious?

He remembered the way Seonghwa and him made their acquaintance.

They first met when Yunho brought Seonghwa to one of their hangouts after talking about him for months.

When he first laid eyes upon a slim boy whose hair had still been colored a light pink at this time, his heart had stopped for a second.

He hadn't known it just yet but his heart did.

They started hanging out more and more after meeting and found that their classes were in the same building.

When he headed to the music room, Seonghwa asked to come with him.

They shared the space more often than they should have but it was calming with Seonghwa, his mind finally at peace after the many fights of his parents that drew him to flee reality and dive into his music.